Used 1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Would Buy It Again in A Heart Beat!
By Jojo's Baby Blue

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I purchased brand new and it has been a gem. The price was definitely justifiable, for I probably would've had to purchased at least 2 other cars within this 10 year timeframe if I did't have my Benz. I have had no major problems and have kept up with routine maintenance. Most maintenance can only be done by the dealer which isn't pocket change, but is "far less" than a car note. The most has been $900 at the 90,000 mile check-up. At 10 years, I'm embarking on my 1st major service with the engine which will be about $2500, still less than a carnote, so I'm going to keep it instead of trading it in. It's a classic. The body still looks like the day I purchased it.

Reliability! Well engineered, durable car with a great body and excellent performance. Acceleration is still great. It's classy car and still looks like new at 102,000 miles. Style is also great.

Remote locking, no cup holders. Rear wheel drive can be challenging in snow/ice.

Very solid vehicle
By johnhon

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

I bought this car with 117,000 mi and it now has 150,000 mi. This is my first MB after Volvos, Saabs, Fords. These cars are engineered very well but that means that everything that can go wrong or wear out has a sensor attached to it, and it can be frustrating troubleshooting problems. I'm a DIY'er and if you are looking for a used trouble free car do not buy a MB. This is a very solid car and excellent in the snow and gas mileage is very good. It also rides beautifully. Do not buy an E class after 1995, they went downhill after that year. If you do buy used try to get an independent mechanic because the 'stealerships' are a real hassle. They think if you drive a MB you are rich.

Styling, comfort, tank like feel, snow traction, gas mileage, safety.

Add cup holders.

Best of the best
By Gino

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E420 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 4 years and this is the best car I have owned. No problems,just regular maintenance and oil change. It is very fast and classy. This is what the Benz should look like. The newer E-class is ugly and suffers poor reliability - not a true Benz! Ask any Benz mechanic which is the most reliable model ever built and he will tell you the same thing. A Class of its own!

The classy exterior

None

Solid, Well Built German Cruiser
By y2kimmel

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E420 4dr Sedan

I have owned my E420 for 1.5 years now, and love it. I previously owned 2 BMWs, and consider the build quality of the Mercedes to be superior. No squeaks or rattles on a 10 years old car! The engine is turbine-smooth, the suspension is silky, and fuel economy is better than many V6s. This is a car that I could see myself driving for another 100,000 miles.

Incredible engine - above 3000 rpm it sounds like a race car (but not too loud, as the car drives very quietly). Super high quality interior materials - the interior looks beand new at 10 years old. Not a lot of gadgets to clutter the car (or break - important when you buy an older car).

The only improvements I could offer would be a slightly tighter suspension, but the stock suspension is built for luxury, not sportiness. A slightly higher final drive ratio would make the car even quicker, but fuel economy would suffer.

Driving my Sun-Roofed Bank Vault
By DOUGCLEM

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

I just acquired it!! Finally!Mega-
comfort, Mega-quiet, Mega-class!! $93k
new in 1995 got a buyer cupholders
(Yes, I have them on the doors...$40
apiece), a decent sound system,super-
chrome wheels, and the best drop-top
coupe ever built. I've heard that
Mercedes lost money on every one that
they built due to engineering costs.
All I know is that I can fly this baby
over bad railroad tracks at 70 mph and
the cowl doesn't move a centimeter. 500
lbs of lead in the 4 corners will do
wonders for cowl-shake. Doesn't help
off-the-line acceleration, but she'll
boogie up to 130 mph without a whimper.
Classic proportions, precision
engineering, and faultless built add up
to good investment.

Classic looks. "Jeeves-The-Shoulderbelt- Valet". Lack of wind noise with the windsplit up. 4-place comfy. Pop-up rollbar/headrests.NiceCD changer/stereo. Locomotive-style handling. Bank-vault solid. I'll have it forever!!

Quieter, faster off-the-line when you tromp it. 5000 lbs being pulled by 220 horses doesn't make for a quick getaway!!