Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

I've Had Issues
By PPilot

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love this car but unfortunately I have had issues. The check engine light came on and took 3 trips to the dealer to fix. The steering column angle sensor went bad and had to be replaced and most distressing (the new 7-speed transmission) a clunkly downshift from 3-2 when coming to a stop. The dealer fixed this but 2,000 miles later it is back. Of course everyone knows how it is impossible to come to a smooth stop with those electric brakes. It kills me because I love the car.

Looks, looks and looks!

More interior storage would be nice.

A Truly Dream Car
By Donald Ray

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

From the first day I took delivery, this car turns heads wherever I go. It has style and grace and is a true joy to drive. Worth every penny of the price. I have had three Mercedes in the past (450 SL, 300 D, 380SE) and this one is the best. It is a 4 door sports car. Handles better than my former C5 Corvette.

Responsive driving feel and unbelievable sound system.

Slight raise in headroom in rear. Better telephone system and selection of XM radio as an option.

New 2007 550 CLS
By Brian

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have ordered the new 550 CLS for August delivery. The 550 engine is expected to put out about 400 horse power against the existing 500 CLS's 302hp. the electric brakes have been scrapped in favor of the old style hydraulics.

Body style and new 400 horse power engine.

None

It's a Sexy Beast!
By TeddySilva

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned my CLS500 only 3 months and love every minute I am inside of it. It drives like the smooth flow of the wind and feels like it too. Had 2 BMW525's before including the recent 2004 newbody style it was just a great drive. But CLS500 is a awesome car.

The body is what drew me to the car ... Nothing like it on the road not even the great Bently Continental looks as good as the CLS500.

The cruise control leaver gets in the way of the signal leaver. Not good. If not carefull could get dangerous. I suggest the cruise control be moved below the turn signal leaver with a shorter stick for the cruise control.

A Real Beauty on Wheels
By P Vaughn

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Had a few minor kinks, but they were taken care very well by my dealership. Fun, a great ride and is a very beautiful car. Awesome handling. At first the dash was a little bit intimidating but I got use to it and is really very well thought out. Back seat is a little too small,oh well... I recomend the rubber floor mats for the winter which helps w/ my black on black interior.

She is a beautiful, sleek and sexy car that really can move. Everyone who sees my CLS500 are in awe and think it is the best looking MB on the road today.

Cup holders are not deep enough or large enough. Back seat could be a little roomier.