Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

Awesome ride!
By Scott

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is an awesome car. Looks great and is fast. This is my first Mercedes and I had high expectations. I was not disappointed.

Sloping hood. Mercedes name etched in door runner. I like how it lowers itself after you turn the car off. I also like how the windows seal themselves after you close the door like an airlock

There are a couple things they need to improve though. Cupholders: If you don't push the little chrome button before pushing the cupholder sides down it jams. Also, you can't use it for change because it slides underneath the telescoping cone and won't allow the cupholder to be pushed down.

JWW Review
By Jack

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I really like the exterior design. My wife likes a coupe but I like a sedan. When I first saw this car I knew it was just the answer to our needs. She loves the design too. It drives like "silk", smooth and quick.

The favorite features are the silhouette and the smooth driving feel of quickness and quiteness.

The steering wheel is ugly and the screen display is not as good as the CLK's.

My CLS
By Jeff

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Mercedes has really created yet another piece of art with this machine. Not only does it look good, but handles like a charm and is very comfortable to drive. This car is also very well built. Not the usual creeks and rattles you can sometimes experience with a new car. This one stays solid and rides very smooth. One of the other great things is all the bells and wistles. There's a button for eveything.

Ride, performance, and gadgets.

There is really nothing I would recommend they improve at this point.

Best Ever
By caldwell-taylor trus

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

First foreign car owned. Vehicle exceded all my expectations. Previous ownership 15 Lincolns. Transmission very smooth. Acceleration what anyone would hope for. Design was strongest reason for buying.

Seven speed transmission. Quiet, powerful engine, very quiet ride

Include basic warranty similar to BMW

I've Had Issues
By PPilot

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love this car but unfortunately I have had issues. The check engine light came on and took 3 trips to the dealer to fix. The steering column angle sensor went bad and had to be replaced and most distressing (the new 7-speed transmission) a clunkly downshift from 3-2 when coming to a stop. The dealer fixed this but 2,000 miles later it is back. Of course everyone knows how it is impossible to come to a smooth stop with those electric brakes. It kills me because I love the car.

Looks, looks and looks!

More interior storage would be nice.