Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

AMG, name says it all
By Steve

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I got it used in Queens. couldn't resist it's styling in and out and when i took it out for a test drive, it was amazing. Superb handling and performance at the same time. I cannot be more satisfied with this car other than for its gas mileage. I just did a drag on it and got an impressive 5.02 sec 0-60mph! always room for improvements. Thinking about few Kleemann parts here and there. Overall, lovin' it everyday since the first day.

F1 style tiptronic is hot. I also like the seating position very much.

Better AC quality and i just wish they had had supercharged CLK55 AMG's in 2003

MB 320 CLK
By matrixsam

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been excellent from day one. My only regret is that I did not go all the way and bought the CLK 55 in the first place. The 320 is however a good compromise with good fuel economy, styling and comfort. The car handles well and especially with the sport package. My car has the classic brilliant silver with charcoal interior. Other colors I would consider is the black, and the navy. Stay away from red and white colors for this car. A winner is the silver tones, in the classic spirit for MB race cars!

Get the navigation system. I use it all the time and it actually saves me time and gas never getting lost. Annual map updates (DVD's) keep the system current. The steptronic gear box is fun to drive and adds to the sporty feel. The Bi-Xeon headlights is a major improvement and a must feature.

Keep add on even more power as most recently seen with the improvement from the 320 to 350.

Great Car, no problems ever!
By TraceyThomas

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car has been great since day one. It has been reliable, fun to drive and no repairs other than tires. The ride was fantastic and attention to details perfect. I'm buying another one, my lease is over, this time the CLK 350 they have discontinued the CLK 320.

Navigation system and also the back up sensor.

More power, but I think they addressed this in the new CLK 350.

A Dangerous Beast on the road.
By charles

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I don't know what others are talking about when they give bad reviews about the CLK 500. Maybe they just bought one that had not been taken care of. My CLK 500 hurts a lot of drivers feelings on the interstate. The power is awesome and the luxury features meet the standard. However there is the cheap plastic trim above the door that evryone talks about, but you show me a perfect car with no deficiencies. My car has 19' chrome wheels with 265/30's in the rear & 235/35 in the front. It definitely looks intimidating. It almost takes the fastest 5-series BMW to make me sweat a little.

The purr in the engine and keyless go. Also the seat belts that are handed to you once you close the door, and one more thing, the instrument panel. It took me three days to learn the car and all of it's potential.

The car is way too costly and quick to have a speed governor set for 135mph. I want to take it to at least 145mph. It's a BENZ for God's sake!

Fast, Slick, and Rare
By Todd

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first MB. This car is really fast. I love MB's understated sporty look. It is a really slick design that will stand the test of time. Engine has tons of torque, and it handles like a dream. It may not be as tight as a BMW M3, but the ride quality is second to none. It is the perfect blend of smooth ride and great handling. I took a chance on buying one because the reliability ratings are not that good, but so far no major problems, and nothing I've had to go to the dealer for. I am extremely happy with my purchase.

Strong motor, navigation, handling, ride, pillarless design, loaded with features

Wish they would've put the supercharged 5.5L V8 in the CLK, how about an in-dash 6-disk changer?