Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

A great car to drive
By Carl C.

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've had convertibles for the last 30 years. This is by far the most fun to drive. The trunk is very small, but who cares. If you have golf clubs, throw them in the back seat. However, as other people have noted, the electrical systems leave a lot to be desired.

I really like the feel of the car and how well it handles. When power is needed to get on the freeway, this car has it. It also has a nice tight feel to the interior; it just "feels right." I love the car. I get lots of comments from friends and they like riding in the car too.

Electricals. I've had problems with both side mirrors, the motors for both seats were replaced, the battery died and no warning lights came on, the alternator died too, the trunk jams, the remote doorlock is pretty pitiful, the instrumentation & the CD in the dash had to be replaced. Not too good!

Reviews are all over the map!
By E Versace

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used in 2006. It had about 41000 miles on it.It was a great car and the first owner really took care of it. I didn't purchase the extended warranty. The first year I drove it was great. Doesn't matter if you're young or old, people will turn their heads to see who is driving this car. I picked this car for the sleek yet muscular body style that the newer models do not have. My best friend went online after I got this car and purchased a certified MB CLK 430 as well, but he failed to realize that the heated seats and halogen headlights weren't standard. The power of the 430 is amazing and often found myself flooring the gas pedal to feel the G force push lay me back.

Bose Audio system, rain sensor wipers, heated seats, sun shield, design of body, spacious trunk, the sound of the engine ( almost like glass packs are installed)

The cup holders are not designed well, the seats could be more luxurious, if you sent in traffic it burns alot of gas, leg room for backseat,cd changer in trunk skips alot if on bumpy road,

AMG Rocket!
By John Campen

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this 2002 CLK55 AMG in April 2006 with 30,000 miles only on it! Paid $42,500. Can't beat the power nor the handling its incredible! Why go out and buy an new M3 or CLS when you cant get one of these for a fraction of the price. 0-60 in 4.7! The looks are stunning and it catch's everyone's attention when you step on it!

Handling. V8 engine almost like 12 cyl.

Grab snow tires for the winter!

Bonnie's CLK
By BONNIE

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Car seems to have tire or rim issues. Tires do not hold air on AMG type low profile rims.Top button and window buttons have issues. Ride is rough on long trips. Very hot with black top, seats, and exterior.

Emblem on hood

Dual suspension

I Love My Benz!
By BenzDriver1122

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my CLK320 after looking at the 300 series BMWs, the "baby Lincoln", and a '99 CLK. I have never regretted my decision to go ahead and buy (at a non-discounted price!). I drive R/T either DC-Bowling Green (KY), Bowling Green-Louisville, Bowling Green-Chicago, or Bowling Green-Jacksonville (FL) at least once a month and enjoy every mile. If I could change one thing with my CLK, it would be to incorporate a CD/tape player with the CD holder in the trunk. I have found 2 minor annoyances: one with the light electrical system...I've had four blown bulbs in 4 years. The other is the rear window screen. Over time it does not retract properly. A happy CLK driver.

Body style and handling. Mileage for the CLK320 is respectable.

Improve the electrical system. There is no reason my car should blow lights as frequently as it does. The rear window screen material should be of a quality that it maintains its retractability over time.