Used 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLA-Class model:

MB CLA250 AWD
By Borui Xu

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA250 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Sporty Glammobile
By Ms. Marie

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Awesome sporty look/feel without the sport car cost! Just right for a single, young Glammother with an occasional car seat riding passenger! Downgrade in size and other luxuries from my C300 but, great on looks and gas economy. Buying with Edmunds' incentives made the deal even better! The $200 gift card looks good in my "new to me" car!!!!

Best Care I've owned
By J. Philipp Othmer

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA45 AMG 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This car is flat-out amazing.
Everything I'd wanted and hoped this car to be was present. In spades.
First, however, is "the ache" for "what you want..." I'd characterize this as "the mainstream model...just not being enough." So, among segment players, that'd be Audi A4, BMW 328i/x, Mercedes C250 or C300; Volvo S60. I'd also include the "next step up," e.g. base A6, BMW 5 series, Mercedes E350; (maybe Volvo S80 re: size). The characteristic lacking is they feel under-powered. And so, for those who feel similarly, the car gods created the Audi S4/ S6; or 3.0 A6. There's BMW 335's/535's, and (was only C350..2 door in 4matic in US)....

The gap and emptiness in the heart filled to over-flowing is "all the functionality" of the base series above, but with >300hp (in smaller car); 4 doors, AWD, space--and just performance, driving dynamics, exhiliration. The AMG CLA45 just rules. -- Power for price point: WoW. Its beyond BMW 335; instead in range of M3. And its a Mercedes.

They give you free day AMG racing academy if you buy one new; but its worth the 1K in education and perspective out-of-pocket. If you're like the "rest of the world," and "just happen to not be cross-shopping other AMG's" and be disappointed it doesn't sound like a V8/V12 gas guzzler's of old...don't be. CLA45 is right in the middle of the pack with the other AMG's. Still can't believe how hard they had us drive the whole fleet of AMG's. Didn't know you could drive cars that hard. Would never drive my own that hard---but nice to know you could!

good looks are not everything
By jfa

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

not worth this bottom of the line Mercedes
I traded it for a 2016 Honda Touring, know this is a real ride
Comfort all the way!!!!!!!

Danger! Danger!
By P. Hickmon

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA250 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I bought my Red 2014 CLA 250 in November 2014. I loved it in spite of the fact that it was a low-end luxury vehicle that sounded like a tractor. I always have head turns and compliments. Now, not so much. A few weeks ago it just stopped on one of the major intersections. The warning said something like" "Inoperable, pull over when able and consult the owner's manual" If the traffic had been as busy as usual I could have been killed or seriously injured. I rolled across the intersection into a parking lot. Cut the car off and back on. It started back up like nothing had happened. I took the car into the dealership and was told that they had to update the software. What?! They gave me some additional "cockamamy" excuses but nothing that mattered to me. After the last tire rotation my car roars like a lion. The tech said that it will get better after driving a while or they can change the tires back. Really?