2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

One major flaw
By Larry Godwin

2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C 300 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

The one big flaw on this car may seem petty to some, but to me it's a big deal. You cannot adjust the sun visor when using it on the side. For some ignorant reason, Mercedes removed the "sliding" feature which allowed one to move the visor forward or backward based on the sun's position. To me this is a safety issue and a big mistake. I hope they correct it or I will look for a different manufacturer next time.

Great but not so great
By Rick Banister

2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C 300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Steep learning curve for the instruments in general and navigation system in particular. Wish they had just used CarPlay, which has native smart phone integration. Programming the nav while driving is extremely distracting. Voice recognition is terrible. Lacks alternate route capability. No advice on traffic avoidance. I do like the freeway advices on services available at oncoming off ramps, but google maps or apple maps are much better. Headrests are superb -- all the other cars these days have head rests far too forward in response to recent federal standards, including the E-class, giving me a pain in the neck just sitting in the parking lot. But the seats are VERY firm. Park bench firm, and not comfortable for long drives. Steering and handling are very light and precise. Fold-down seats make for cavernous cargo capacity. I've lost $10,000 in resale value the first year, which is ridiculous, as this car seems like it's built to last forever and is very high quality.

Absolute pleasure to drive
By Donatello57

Traded in my 2014 C250 coupe. This is my second C300 sedan. Wow! This car is so nice to drive. Quiet, composed, sporty when you want it to be. I've gotten so many compliments on how beautiful the car is. I didn't get the larger wheels because I wanted the ride to be as soft as possible. Added the $5000 package and it has all the luxury i need. Seats are extremely comfortable, Steering is concise and light. Gear shifts using the paddles are immediate. Fuel economy is pretty good. Averaging 27 mpg combined. If I had one complaint it would be the back seats. They are a bit uncomfortable. Sit a an odd angle and I didn't really feel comfortable in them. Not that I care, really. It's all about the driver seat and that is superb!

New c300
By Larry stradal

2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C 300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Great looking car with very nice interior. Love how this car drives,its a real joy!

Great car
By Fay Cleghorn

2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C 300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Great car, engine is quiet. One negative, I do not like the position of the navigation system. Some of the questions is N/A as I only have the car three weeks and am only driving 5 miles to the bus station.