Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Sorry, Lincoln and Caddy; 20K update.
By kkear3

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Just had 20K "B" service performed and so far, the car is just about perfect. The windshield wipers needed replacement at $63 for the pair but it takes longer to open the box than it does to put them on. The Michelin tires are wearing like nails: I made sure my car did not have Conti's on it when I bought it from my horrible experience with them on my Jaguar X-type and Mitsubishi 3000GT.
Mileage continues to improve and is now at 24.8 mpg average with most of the driving at 40-45 mph on rural back roads. Still no regrets about not buying the cramped, noisy Caddy CTS
or the econobox-based Lincoln MKZ.

NO alignment or tire wear problems as with many AWD cars. The luxury statement at a very affordable price.

Sport mode needs to be reset every time car is started.

1 year, 10,000 miles, and very satisfied
By autoaficion

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I've just spent a year and 10,000 miles with my C300 Luxury, and I am happy to report that I am very satisfied. Instead of aiming for the sportiest model in the range, I decided to buy the Luxury model and don't regret that choice at all - this is an excellent small luxury car with enough sportiness to make it fun to drive without being a tiresome daily driver. With the premium 1 package and media package, it has everything I could want.

The only downside: the friends and acquaintances who judge me for buying a Mercedes ("it's pretentious").

In the past, I always chose something more value-priced and was not content long term. This car has what it takes to merit long-term ownership.

- Bulletproof build quality; extremely solid. - Perfect balance of ride, handling, and comfort. - Engine is a gem, very smooth and powerful; excellent transmission. - Excellent stock tires. I was very impressed when I drove in the snow this winter - far better behavior than my past FWD cars. - The hood ornament is a classy touch you just can't find anywhere else. - Turning radius is very tight, a welcome relief after my previous car, an Aura XR, which had the turning radius of a large truck.

I'm very pleased with my C300, but here are my suggestions: - Seats could offer a little additional softness, they tend to be a bit firm. - The media/nav screen popping up every time you start the car and closing every shut off loses its charm after a while. - Would have preferred a 4-cylinder diesel for economy, but can't complain about the V6 as it is quite powerful for real world driving. - Would be nice if the C/S transmission button would remember last setting instead of always resetting to C for economy. - Standard stereo sound seemed a bit lacking the first several months, but I've gotten used to it. MB could make a better first impression though. - HVAC controls are fiddly.

My 1st Benz
By PhillyBurbs_Benz

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Bought my first Benz, a 2010 300 Sport 4matic. Was considering Acura TL SH- AWD and BMW. Mercedes dealer gave great price for certified pre-owned, and extended warranty. Acura was faster, but overall Benz is better looking, great handling, comfortable and great quality. I've put around 1,500 miles on it so far and no complaints. It's quick, but not FAST, but you can't beat the ride and handling, and 1st class exterior looks. I wish they made the C350 in 4matic, then it would be perfect. Currently getting around 19 mpg around town with pedal down, averaging 21 - 22 mpg in mixed condition, and have gotten up to 25 mpg on mostly highway driving. Smooth acceleration / 7 speed transmission.

Build quality, smooth ride, smooth acceleration/transmission and great handling. You feel isolated from the outside but have great road "feel". Exterior looks are great. Always look forward to driving it.

More powerful / quicker engine, or make the 350 come in 4matic. Slightly larger rear seats. Improve gas mileage. Obviously if they did all this, it would be the perfect vehicle. Waiting to see what the service costs are like.

Pleasantly suprised
By Yehfus

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Wanting to consolidate from an LR3 and a Lexus IS RWD into one AWD sedan (and one payment), I set my sights on Infiniti, Audi, Lexus and BMW. I was unimpressed with the ergonomics of the G37x, even though I used to own a G35 and loved it. I headed over to the BMW/Merc dealership and happened upon the C300. I was immediately taken in by the aggressive stance of the front end. I was skeptical about the sub-230 HP until I drove it. It has plenty of pickup (compared to my IS250) and handles very well. I bought it on the spot - never even got around to driving the BMW or Audi. The CC stalk was awkward at first, but is easily accessible, and can be manipulated by one finger on my driving hand.

Exterior styling, solid feel, fun to drive, intuitive controls, no cheap plastic bits inside.

More standard features - Xenons and LEDs. iPod (iPhone) integration needs to be in the console, not the glove box. Bluetooth sounds poor to others.

Sorry Lincoln and Caddy 10K update.
By kkakear

Just turned over 10,000 miles and had first service performed. Absolutely no problems or issues in the first 10K unlike the Jag I traded in or any car or truck I have EVER owned. The car does not feel very fast but it is deceiving how fast your are going because you don't feel the speed. The Gracenote database is quite involved to set up: you have to think like an engineer but the HK sound system rocks and makes it worthwhile. Dark Side of the Moon has stuff on it I have never heard. This is my first Mercedes, like most everyone here and I will be back for another.

Styling is standout and timeless; no confusing this car for any other brand. Seats and driving position are perfect. Even the fuel filler door and gas cap are well thought out.

Minor stuff. Always more horsepower and/ or better gas mileage. Sport setting for transmission should stay in "sport" and not need to be reset whenever the engine is shut off. Bigger trunk opening would be helpful.