Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

My BABY BENZ
By Tara

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My first MB and I will never own anything else. So much fun to drive. I get excited when it's time to drive it. My husband at first didn't like the idea of a Benz but he drives more then I do now. We are already planning on getting another MB.

Heated seats are amazing, bluetooth sounds great, and my son loves the back seat and his console with cup holders.

More leg room in back

I paid for the EMBLEM
By kjbroker

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My 2010 c300 is stunning to look at and has a smooth ride. However, some design features are stupid. Examples: dual climate control cannot be controlled using driver's knob (you have to turn both), there is no trunk pass through or fold down seats, the I-pod integration stinks - almost impossible to use, actually the entire sound system is difficult to use (radio presets must be accessed through the steering controls instead of the console joystick), drivers view of the windshield wiper controls are obstructed by the steering wheel, turn signal and Cruise control stalks are in weird positions. Engine needs more power and not very responsive when you Punch it. Beautiful car but needs improvement!

My sport model looks smoking hot. Fit and finish is excellent. Ride is smooth and controlled. Interior feels luxurious (tan with burled walnut is sweet). Engine has good power but is not always responsive when you need it.

BMW 3-series performance blows this car away. Interior controls are terrible and need a complete redesign. This is 2010, the Ipod should work seamlessly. Phone voice command only works with NAV (mine has a button on the steering wheel that does nothing). Sad to say, Nissan makes a better car!

One Year Review - Update
By oldsnwbrdr

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Had the car for one year and this is my second review. Made only minor adjustments to my ratings to up the rating for exterior styling and reliability. Car has been bulletproof; has been in the dealership only for routine service and one damaged tire. The car isn't particularly exciting but it has a certain intangible quality. Like an expensive suit, I feel like a better person when I drive this car. The ride in the sport model is perfect and I like the steering feel. The car is exceptionally smooth and quiet, and the seats, while firm, are extremely comfortable on long drives. MB-TEX is an asset... not an ounce of wear, which you can't say about leather. I want a new E Class!

Value. The base stereo sounds fine, and you'll get a better GPS by buying a portable one, so don't buy the MM package (but do buy P1). AWD was great in winter. Car feels like it will last forever, but I only have it for two more years.

I STILL confuse cruise control stalk for turn signal sometimes. iPod interface will not shuffle custom play lists; a major annoyance. Gas mileage just OK for a car of this size. Wheels hard to clean. SIRIUS satellite reception is weak and sometimes hunts for signal on clear days. Noisy fan.

Luxurious street legal racecar
By mel

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I found this luxury beast by accident. I have been looking for a comfortable, safe "luxurious race car" for years. Recently I had looked at all competitors and decided on the ISF. While I was deciding on color I visited the salesman who sold us our 1st Mercedes, a C-300 for my wife. I mentioned I was getting an ISF. He just pointed at a C-63 on the showroom floor. I said what is that. He said lets take it for a spin. That was it! FINALLY a luxurious, comfortable monster. I am constantly looking for excuses to drive it.

Safety, Power and torque galore! Handling, comfort, exhaust sound! A racers daily toy.

Better tires. Tires were gone on rear after 5000 easy break in miles. No racing or fast starts at all !!! Touchy brakes and accelerator. Tranny always shifting. A manual would be great.

Comfortable
By Bert

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Previously had a 2003 M5. Sold it because it was uncomfortable and unfriendly around town. I spent years looking for that elusive comfortable race car. March of 2009 I finally found it. After looking at GTR, CTS-V, Mustang, GTO, Corvette, Audi S5 and R8 and Lexus ISF, I stumbled across the C- 63. It is the real deal. Power and torque galore, great handling, exhaust note. Comfortable around town, long trips or driving hard. A luxurious, comfortable "Beast" of a car. After 1 year I still look for excuses to drive it. It is simply exhilarating to drive. I have driven on track in Formula Fords and Mazdas (150 MPH) on road courses, NASCAR oval and Sprint cars.

Power and torque, safety, comfort, handling and exhaust note. Can program car from 451 to 518 HP. Front styling and side rake. Very versatile and always powerful yet comfortable. Just what I have searched for, for about 10 years. All of this and is rated one of the top 4 safest cars.

Better rear tire wear. I babied the car for 6,000 miles and had bald rear tires. NO KIDDING !! Brakes and gas pedal are way too touchy. Bigger rear tires and flared rear fenders would be awesome looking. Transmission is geared so you are constantly shifting. A manual trans.