Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

My first and last M-B
By peanut

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am very disappointed with my first M-B. The wind noise at highway speeds is terrible, have to turn radio up 3-4 notches just to hear, dealer says nothing they can do. The placement of the cruise control lever is a joke, don't know how many times I end up signaling a right turn and not turning on the control. My bluetooth phone worked fine in my last car, but will not connect in the M-B. The navigation system got me the first time I needed it with the "Prepare to turn right". At the next street I turned and as I did it then says "In 800 feet turn right onto bla bla street". Wouldn't it have been just as easy to say "In a quarter mile, right turn etc".

It's sad to say the best part of this car is the driver's seat is comfortable.

Too many to list.

Great balance of comfort and performance
By Eric

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After test driving all the usual suspects in this category (BMW 3, Audi A4, Lexus IS350), I found this vehicle to have the best balance of style, comfort and performance (not to mention best brand value and brand recognition). After 4,000 miles, I have to say I love this vehicle. It brings a smile every time I sit in it. And it still smells like brand new!

Styling! Best looking vehicle in the class. Build quality is exceptionally high. Also, handling, performance and fuel economy. Stereo system and the command center are very easy to use. Great fuel enconomy for the engine size (and my style of driving).

I wish Europeans would adopt some aspects of the American definition of luxury. Some of the options (like the navigation system) are very expensive.

Love our Benz
By atwell4

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

We waited until retirement to purchase a Benz. I've wanted one ever since I can remember. My husband and I both love this car. We've not been disappointed with the purchase. The ride, handling, and everything about it makes us wonder why we waited so long. It looks good on the outside and feels good on the inside. We selected the black/black. This combination looks really good, but it does dirty quickly. Oh, well, guess that's the price one has to pay to drive the car of one's dreams. People think we paid a lot more than we did, it looks that good! And an added bonus: we're getting plenty of extra exercise parking far away from other vehicles in parking lots!

We love the fact that the side mirrors turn in when locked and/or manually when desired. Love the blue tooth and access to volume on the steering wheel. Also love the heated individual seats and temperature controls as we are never on the same page as far as body temperatures.

Now that gas is so high mwish it did get a bit better gas mileage. The interior of this car does show white smudges (dust?) very easily. Wish there was a way to prevent the marks on the interior. (they do clean up easily though) And wish they would make a ding-proof car door!

Great new Mercedes
By paul

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

We have had the C-300 since Nov. 2007. Excellent performance, no problems other than the tire pressure monitor decides when it wants to activiate. And does not tell you which tire is low. Otherwise just a super car!

Looks, xenon headlights, mirrors that move inward, Sirius radio.

Needs memory seats.

Worst Mercedes I have owned
By Michael Larkin

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Terrible gas mileage. Uncomfortable seats - no cushioning. Horrible wind noise when driving above 50 mph. Low-end speakers, muddy sound

Exterior design