Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Love my C
By Jerry

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I am approaching my one year anniversary and love the car. I liked the interior of the luxury model so I bought it and the dealer installed a sports grille (the cost was nominal as the grilles are interchangable). I have had no problems at all. I have 4- matic and the car runs like a tank through the snow. The media center is easy to use and the premium sound is great. The Bluetooth was not compatible with my LG phone so had to buy a Motorola. The seats are comfortable and the MB Tek looks like real leather. A great car for the money.

New C-Class exterior design. Media Center

Add M.emory seats

My First Mercedes
By bronson

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I couldn't wait to get this car when it first came out. I test drove the BMW 3 series a few times before I made my decision to get the Benz. There is nothing like seeing the emblem on the hood of the car when you are driving down the highway. I have not had any issues with this car and the gas mileage is great. The service a A+ as well.

The brakes are fantastic and the sound system is great. For what you are paying the interior is a lot nicer than the BMW. Spring for all of the bells and whistles. You won't regret it.

The turn signal should be above the cruise control on the steering wheel. I can't tell you how many times I've turned on the cruise control when I meant to use the turn signal.

Best in Class in PPR
By vijay

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Looking at the price performance ratio in this catogory of the cars this is by far and large the best. Yes it is trace less in terms of the power from the other competitors, but is way ahead in all other departments, so overall is a sure winner, and of course it's a three point star, you know what it means.

Everything is just apt

Navigation : the search for POI's takes time

Small but drives big
By Mit

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great vehicle. I have only had it a short period of time, but love driving the car. My biggest complaint is that the navigatioin system I paid good money for is the worst nav system I have ever used. If you don't have an address of where you want to go forget finding it with the nav system. Search features are horrible at best. You are limited to one voice for directions, where others offer several voices. The nav system will override what you are trying to input most of the time and will prevent you from typing in the name of a street you are trying to navigate to. Simply put the nav system is junk. Do yourself a favor and buy a Garmin. The car is great otherwise.

I enjoy the handling ability, the braking and shifting of the vehicle. The transmission is smooth and has decent acceleration for a 3.0. You don't really feel as if you are going 90 the car is so smooth.

Improve the junk navigation system. Provide features in US that are only provided in Canada or elswhere. The Lexus has push button start for crying out loud.

Love It
By Dwaine

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

First car I've owned that didn't need to go back to the dealership for things going wrong. A very solid, well planted, highway car. We had a 06 Lexus GS300 before the MB and even though the Lexus had a better ride and fuel economy than the C300, there's no comparison to the handling and feel on the road. The Lexus was like driving your father's Buick. We love this car and enjoy every minute we have in it. Can't wait to try it in the snow.

Exterior design, best heated seats in the buisness, 3 memory power front seats with memory mirrors and auto folding with lock up. Harmon Kardon sound system. No gimmick rain sensor wipers. Smooth tranny. Great looks and performace for the price, it's nice to have a car that looks like the family.

Ride is a bit choppy, but I like the handling. A trunk a little larger would be nice. Unless you use the quick shift in "S" mode, there is a lag when you hammer the throttle. Fuel economy could be better.