Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

It is OK
By DC mercedes owner

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

After having driven Volvos for 30 years, I decided I needed a change so purchased a Mercedes C300 Luxury 4matic after test driving a number of cars. The car is easy to drive and very easy to park. It holds the road well. The seats could be a little softer. The visibility during the day is excellent. I purchased the Premium 1 package. The rain sensing wipers as part of the package only work well when it is raining hard- a time when the regular wipers would provide the same performance. The auto-dimming rear view mirror blacks out almost completely when there is a car behind you- I find this extremely dangerous since one is not able to change lanes safely under the circumstances.

Easy to park, easy to drive, smooth ride, holds the road well, and good daytime visibility. The satellite radio and bluetooth interface for hands free cell phone use are fun.

The auto-dimming rear view mirror and side mirror need major improvement, as well as the rain sensing wipers. The gas mileage (13-14 mpg for city driving) is not great and should be improved. Contrary to the Mercedes brochure and consumer reports, you cannot use Ethanol E85 with the 4Matic.

Mercedes Benz C350 Sport AMG package
By ck

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I first saw the C350 on TV late 2007 i wanted to trade in my '05 C230 for a new car. I was also test driving 3 series BMW, Saab, infinty g35 and even the Nissan 350Z a much sportier car. I tallied up the plusses for each car including the c350 to come up with the best decision, by this time I have test driven all cars including the Benz which was stuningly beautiful in person.. The ride interior quality, over all quality, styling, mpg w/c is fairly good. And room. The Benz was the clear choice. On top of that I added the amg package, navigation, Sirius, oh and I have a 4gig hardrive pcmcia which was hard to find. I dont have to use my ipod no more. Best deal for the buck

Nav, Sirius, multimedia package. Smooth/quiet ride,

Don't like the way the center console opens.

I Love It!
By Ro - Ro

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Ok...after months of looking for the right car, I finally decided on the 350 and I'm soooooooo happy I did. I love this car, the style, the looks I get when I'm driving and the fact that it is a MB. I find myself being cautious of where I park.

Panarama roof, Ipod, bluetooth

More wood grain

Awesome
By Joe

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Awesome car. Car is unreal, great speed and every comfort possible. Everyone stops to stare, car's ride is smooth and quiet and handling is amazing. Got iridium grey with black tec interior, with multi media, ipod and premium 1 package. 6 months free subscription to Sirius satelite radio.

The command center navigation. Pops up out of the dash and then dissapears.

Sunglasses holder and bigger center console storage and possibly a small open in dash storage maybe cut into the dash above the climate controls

Colorado's newest C300 4Matic Sport
By Kent

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Just got my C300 4Matic Sport, Bright Red. Wow, what a vehicle. I formerly drove an Infiniti M35. This is a far superior vehicle in ride, interior noise, and handling. I am impressed with German engineering and the redesign of this car. I looked at Infiniti, Acura, Lexus, and fell in love with my Benz. I am also looking forward to see how it handles winter driving, as I am a Denver resident. If you are looking at this type of luxury vehicle, you must test drive this car. I found that they are hard to find on a dealer lot, so had to order one.

Look, design, lack of interior noise, bluetooth, nav, luxury car affordability

It really needs two additional options, being memory seats and a back-up camera.