Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great car, once I stopped babying it
By dw

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Got a great deal on a CPO 07 C230 with only 10k miles. It seems there's a glut of off-lease cars on the market right now (not surprising considering the problems with brokerages & banks). Great interior and exterior, but I miss having a fold-down rear seat. I first thought it drove a bit larger than it really is. Then I drove it aggressively on a twisty road. Wow. Body roll is very well controlled, and grip is outstanding. Real-world acceleration is outstanding; the 7 speed runs to high rpms as required in sport mode. It has a long-travel throttle that makes it easy to drive sedately or aggressively, once you get used to it. Hwy mpg is much better than I expected based on EPA ratings.

Quiet, solid feel, quality of materials, well-controlled body roll, lateral grip, sound system, good fuel economy (which actually appears to be a bit better at 65mph or so than at 60mph due to gearing - maybe it isn't in the highest gear @ 55-60?)

Make fold-down rear seat standard, not an option. Increase seat travel slightly for those of us with very long legs.

USED C280 4MATIC
By mogirl12

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my 16 year old daughter. I found out a used Mercedes is a good deal financially. I love this Mercedes and try to borrow it when I can. It is so fun to drive. We have now owned it for about 7 months. This car is so quit, NO road noise, drives so smooth, and looks extremely sharp, black on black. The interior quality is immaculate. The only maintained we have done is an oil change $70.00 and purchased a tire at Hibbons because of a flat which cost about $190. I am sold and will not being buying anything other then a Mercedes in the future

Everything! This car has a large trunk. A family of four can ride comfortably in it, even though it is the C class. It is so fun to drive and looks sharp. It is a very safe car as well. The insurance did not cost a fortune either.

It has been getting 27 mpg on the highway. I don't know the city mileage. Better gas mileage would be appreciated especially since it takes premium gas. Additionally, the cup holder has a ring around it that is chrome; the chrome comes off when it gets wet and then looks really bad. That is cheesy

07 C230 Sport - Great little car
By Maccam26

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love this machine, traded my 99 C280 for it which had 130,000 miles and had been bullet proof. This one I got certified pre-owned with 20,000 miles. It's been excellent so far. Only thing I would have liked 60/40 split rear seat and bigger better room for entering the car for rear seat passengers and coming from the C280 3L engine, I did feel the small lack of oumph the 20hp or so drop made to the 2.5L... other that that, sweet car. Pros are the suspension, seats, great 7 spd auto transmission and silky smooth ride, not too rough for type of wheels. Fit and Finish is still top- notch. Paint is ok but it does have some orange peel..car is black so LIQUID GLASS is only way to polish!!

Hopefully Helpful
By geek

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

City and Highway driving. Live where it does snow - 4 Seasons. All wheel drive a great feature. If you own the rear wheel drive version or any other rear wheel drive car and live where there is snow, winter tires are a must, enough said.

Rock solid performance on the road and whisper quiet. You are driving a luxury car. The way the car steers is worth mentioning, it is just superb. The car feels like a German Engineered car that has road manners. Different from a BMW less sporty to the feel, chose the MB because of its manners

CD Changer is large and in the glove compartment. Technology advances have already fixed that issue.

Dissappointed
By Kim

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my car June 2007. Received a great deal! 6 months after purchase, I started experience strong fuel order. I took the car in about 3 times for this and on the third time, they finally figured it out when my husband took it in. Just last year, Dec. 2008, I took my car on a family vacation to Florida. It stopped on us 2 times in Florida. Each time it was taken to a dealer and everyone assured me they fixed the problem. My husband was 50 miles away from home, guess what? It stopped on him again. I have no confidence in the MB product and refuse to drive it outside of city limits in fear it will strand me somewhere. Need to get a new car. It's only 2 years old!!

Rear window sun screen, sensory wipers, sunroof, smart key and decent trunk space.

No good in snow. Has a delayed acceleration, and oil change $200. MB needs to take more responsibility for their product.