Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

USED C280 4MATIC
By mogirl12

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my 16 year old daughter. I found out a used Mercedes is a good deal financially. I love this Mercedes and try to borrow it when I can. It is so fun to drive. We have now owned it for about 7 months. This car is so quit, NO road noise, drives so smooth, and looks extremely sharp, black on black. The interior quality is immaculate. The only maintained we have done is an oil change $70.00 and purchased a tire at Hibbons because of a flat which cost about $190. I am sold and will not being buying anything other then a Mercedes in the future

Everything! This car has a large trunk. A family of four can ride comfortably in it, even though it is the C class. It is so fun to drive and looks sharp. It is a very safe car as well. The insurance did not cost a fortune either.

It has been getting 27 mpg on the highway. I don't know the city mileage. Better gas mileage would be appreciated especially since it takes premium gas. Additionally, the cup holder has a ring around it that is chrome; the chrome comes off when it gets wet and then looks really bad. That is cheesy

07 C230 Sport - Great little car
By Maccam26

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love this machine, traded my 99 C280 for it which had 130,000 miles and had been bullet proof. This one I got certified pre-owned with 20,000 miles. It's been excellent so far. Only thing I would have liked 60/40 split rear seat and bigger better room for entering the car for rear seat passengers and coming from the C280 3L engine, I did feel the small lack of oumph the 20hp or so drop made to the 2.5L... other that that, sweet car. Pros are the suspension, seats, great 7 spd auto transmission and silky smooth ride, not too rough for type of wheels. Fit and Finish is still top- notch. Paint is ok but it does have some orange peel..car is black so LIQUID GLASS is only way to polish!!

Hopefully Helpful
By geek

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

City and Highway driving. Live where it does snow - 4 Seasons. All wheel drive a great feature. If you own the rear wheel drive version or any other rear wheel drive car and live where there is snow, winter tires are a must, enough said.

Rock solid performance on the road and whisper quiet. You are driving a luxury car. The way the car steers is worth mentioning, it is just superb. The car feels like a German Engineered car that has road manners. Different from a BMW less sporty to the feel, chose the MB because of its manners

CD Changer is large and in the glove compartment. Technology advances have already fixed that issue.

Dissappointed
By Kim

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my car June 2007. Received a great deal! 6 months after purchase, I started experience strong fuel order. I took the car in about 3 times for this and on the third time, they finally figured it out when my husband took it in. Just last year, Dec. 2008, I took my car on a family vacation to Florida. It stopped on us 2 times in Florida. Each time it was taken to a dealer and everyone assured me they fixed the problem. My husband was 50 miles away from home, guess what? It stopped on him again. I have no confidence in the MB product and refuse to drive it outside of city limits in fear it will strand me somewhere. Need to get a new car. It's only 2 years old!!

Rear window sun screen, sensory wipers, sunroof, smart key and decent trunk space.

No good in snow. Has a delayed acceleration, and oil change $200. MB needs to take more responsibility for their product.

It's All About "Sport"
By Matson

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is very sharp. Styling is sleek and eye catching. Compliments are fairly common. The interior is very comfortable up front and provides excellent opportunity for the best driving position. The back seats are fine for 2 small to mid sized people. That's the way a "C" class is designed. If you want more in back get an "E". Trunk is amazingly spacious. One touch functions for windows and sunroof are a bonus as well as the rear power sunshade. Handles tight with very responsive braking. 201 HP is just enough to get by, but it would have been much better to put the Kompressor supercharger on the 6 cylinder for another 25 or so HP. Get all weather tires, Yokohama S- Drive.

Styling and handling are the premier characteristics of this car. It will get up at high speeds and "sit" on the road. At 120 mph it handles tightly and rides like 65 mph. Trunk space is fantastic. Sun roof, rear sun shade, and one touch features. Overall driving experience is excellent.

Put the Kompressor supercharger on the same 2.5 24v V6. Give it another 25- 30 HP. Offer a higher end stereo option like an AMG designed system.