Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Mercedes Not Worth the Aggravation
By Bill

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Vehicle was purchased because I bought into the Mercedes mystique that their engineering was a far cut above all others. Not only was that a mistake I found that the required preventative maintenance you have to perform on this vehicle could make you deplete a small fortune. First year cost for preventative scheduled maintenance was about average it is the subsequent years that send you spinning. My average trips to the dealer for scheduled maintenance was hitting me for a bout $600 a pop and they hadn't got to the transmission/coolant flushes and etc yet. Best thing I did lately was trade this dog.

Make it a little larger on the interior and more comfortable and get the preventative maintenance items down.

Wonderful
By Paul

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Am giving all "10" review based on price versus features and performance. Fun and agile car to drive with lots of luxury. Smooth 7sp tranny and engine is fine. The tranny always finds right gear and love the comfort mode and sport mode. Get 30 mpg on road...great sports sedan. First MB, not my last

Drive train..engine and tranny. Plus, long list of std luxury features. Just 'feel' the quality when you sit in car, shut door, and drive.

Oudstanding
By glenn

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I get 32 mpg on highway and 23 mpg in city driving. I don't understand how people can rate the mpg less than ten. This is my third M-B, and I love it as much as my prior two. It requires very little maintenance expenditures. All I have spent $ for since I purchased it was for 2 tires and the usual oil and filter changes.

The way it drives is outstanding.

NONE.

Expected longer romance for the money
By Damonndallas

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My C280 is the sixth MB I have owned from the same dealership. I have always been happy, until this car. At first, it was what I had come to expect from MB. Now, after 64,000 miles, there are creaks and squeaks, the "check engine" light comes and goes, and the silver trim on the interior is peeling away. Adding the ultimate insult, I visited the dealership to trade for a new one, and was offered $12,000 for trade. YIKES! On a three year old car! The resale value was enough to send me running to the nearest Cadillac dealership, and the plastic finish in the C300 didn't help. The CTS 3.6L out performed the C300 hands down. The luxury finish out sealed the deal.

Style and comfort. The C280 is a cruiser. A little small for trips over 4 hours, but a great way to get there if you have to drive.

NEVER go cheap on the interior of a European luxury car! For $41,000, I expect the interior to go the distance.

C55 AMG = 'A' 'M'onster in your 'G'arage
By yablo

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car is fast! Let me rephrase that, it's VERY fast. The car should be driven for fun, not for comfort or fuel economy. The ride is very stiff, but that's what you want in a sports car. Don't bother looking at the mpg's (11-14 city, 18-22 hway). Interior build quality seems below my old 1997 C230 which is a bit disappointing for a sedan that msrp's for 60K. There is a lot of plastic on the dash, and most controls feel cheap to the touch. But who cares? This car is FAAAAAST!

Brutal acceleration! Unique front end that looks like the CLK. Sleeper look. The instrument cluster is pretty nice, and interesting since it doesn't follow the traditional Mercedes center speedometer look.

Operating a moon lander is probably a simpler task than to figure out how to enter an adress in the NAV system. The AMG seats, although look very cool, are not very comfortable, especially on long trips. Interior materials and build quality are worse than the C- Class 10 years ago.