Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Joe's Review
By Hubert Thomas

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent handling. Great performance from 200 hp. Excellent dash and instruments. 7 speed: super. Performs better than my C320 did as a result of the 7 speed. Super brakes and good positioning of the brake above the floor.

Instrument lighting. Shift positions now in dash cluster in a horizonal patteren. Better adjustable drivers seat. Metal trim brightens interior. Electric adjustable steering column. Xenon lights: super Beautiful wheels. Drives solid. Eash to use AC/Heat controls.

Use a 4-spoke steering wheel instead of the 3. Add automatic brake release.

Love it
By Dev

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded my Honda in for an 06 C230 last May. I love the looks of the car, it has a very intimidating "aggressive" looking stance, and when its clean (i got black) it looks amazing, Im constantly getting looks from other drives checking the car out. However, I wish I would have gotten a Kompressor, this vehicle is too slow in stop and go traffic and around town driving, its hard to explain but it would almost feel like a "turbo lag" you are flooring the pedal and its not going no where fast, but at freeway speeds its very responisive. I have never driven a vehicle that handles as well as this car does...Mercedes hasn't sacraficed anything in reguards to handeling and braking.

Steering and handling! Brakes are amazing! The looks that people give my car! And stereo system is awesome.

More responsive in low gear driving

Not Such A Good Choice
By First Timer

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I've had my '06 C280 for about 14 months now. I have had it into the dealer five times, each time with a list of minor problems. The last visit, three weeks ago, the transmission was replaced under warranty. Plenty of squeaks, rattles and vibrations. Transmission still seems to make a funny noise. My center console cover has come off four times. This is my first and last Mercedes. They have sacrificed quality and reliability.

Sound system, handling

Reliability overall. Too small for anyone over 6" 200 lbs. Center console needs redesign. Glove box is so small it is useless. Trunk is very small for a sedan.

Good deal
By big george

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great car, very peppy motor, ride is superb, very quiet motor, no rattles. It is too small inside for a $43000 msrp. Some poor design choices inside such as too many knobs to activate radio and hvac, should be push button. Steering wheel controls do not include all of the functions that are common to better designed steering wheel controls. Getting out of driver's seat is not easy for guys over 200 lbs. Nonetheless, my son loves driving the car and I think its exterior lines are awesome. No troubles after 5000 miles. Though I am wary of keeping it beyond the warranty period due to MB recent history build quality

Auto up/down windows

Eliminate knob controls, add compass,

Mercedes C280
By Theresa

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Drove an Audi previously and it doesn't compare. This car has given me almost no problems in 2 years now. The only problem I ran into was getting 2 bubbles in my front tires. The car functions exceptional and would recommend this car to anyone. I'm in my early 20's and chose this car over Audi and BMW.

Navigation system

Cup holders in the backseat