Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 225 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great Ride
By Nick77

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My first MB and certainly not my last. What a blast to drive. Fun is only a down shift away, blow by anyone on the highway no problem, gaps in traffic just seem to open up for you like moses and the red sea. Fuel economy is fantastic, 28mpg at 90 mph, 30mpg at 70, 32mpg at 60; can't beat that, its ridiculous. Watch out for cops tho, this is a dangerous car, can do 90 without even realizing it. The sound of the engine is music to my ears, I put the radio on mute (which sounds great as well) just to listen to it when accelerating.

Supercharged 4cly, remote rear sunshade, sound system, short-throw 6spd MT shifter

More comfortable seats, leave only functional buttons above the radio, mute button for sound system on the wheel, cruise control on the wheel

Our Mercedes
By Jimmy

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I sell cars for a living. Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo to be exact. I had some hesitation about buying a pre-owned Mercedes. This car is, without a doubt, the nicest sedan I have ever driven. The folks at M-B know how to design and build a sedan. The 2.6 ltr. provides more than adequate power while delivering excellent fuel economy.Handling and road manners are awesome! So far, no mechanical issues and we are planning on purchasing an extended warranty when the factory expires. They can be expensive when they break. We are now planning on purchasing a 2005 C-Class Wagon.

Quality of build, interior layout, long-distance passenger comfort, multi- function controls and settings, overall styling.

Cheap chrome ring around cupholder is peeling.

Disappionted
By Lisa

This car looks amazing from the outside. The handling is exceptional, too bad there are too many problems. I drove this one off the lot and have had nothing but problems. The car veered to the right and it took Mercedes 3 trips to the dealer to fix. At 10K engine leaks. I have been in the shop 7 times in 18 months for a non working radio. After having a loaner for 14 weeks I finally got MBUSA to buy back this car. Too bad because I love to drive this car but tired of the problems. Mercedes is not what it used to be. Replaced it with a 2007 Lexus 350 .

Best looking car I have owned, Great handling, braking.

Way too small inside , for comfortable seats, rear passenger leg room and Please have a radio that works.

Pocket Rocket
By rgd

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Although a little pricey, this car is worth every cent. After owning other Mercedes, a BMW, a Corvette and a Ferrari, I can honestly say that this car is the most fun and the most practical to drive. It has excellent road manners whether in the city or out on the highway. Even after opening it up on the road, it still gets around 20 mpg. The engine is a masterpiece in sound, speed and appearance. The suspension is fantastic and the tires work very hard. I can only begin to imagine what the C63 will be like.

The sound, the power, the handling and the ability to leave almost everything else on the road in the mirror. The sound system is excellent.

The driver's seat could provide a little more support on the sides. The COMAND system was not available; I miss it from my last Benz. The navigation needs to be improved up to the level of the Japanese luxury imports. Parktronic would also be helpful.

Great fun little toy, enjoy
By GI Tiger

It was a bumpy ride at first. I bought a dealer/loaner C230k from the dealership. That said, I've only had one problem with it, a blown oil line which leaked all over my garage. The maintenance is kind of costly, but it is the best auto I've ever driven. I've driven a lot cars around the world (Military). If you want a fun car this is it. Fast on the draw and will suprise you how quick it is. Sometimes it does sputters when moving at slow speeds on the highwqy trying to dodge in and out of traffic.

Style, performance and looks. Should I say anything more? It's a Mercedes! Ya gota love it.

More selection with the tires and rims. Mercedes seems content on being generic. Plastic pieces and not SS or aluminum? Come-on, I paid $96 a piece for plastic headlamp rings?