Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great Car - Bad Tires
By D. Parent

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the car. However, in spite of the fact that I drive it less than 12,000 miles a year, and always on well-kept expressways, I have had to replace 4 of my Continental tires in the past 15 months for bulges in the sidewalls "caused by pot holes" according to my MB service rep!

Drives like a dream - in spite of it's smaller engine. A long trip is a pleasure.

Continental tires are really poor quality, and the manufacturer doesn't stand behind them - very subject to bulges in side walls.

A fun to drive fuel efficient hatch
By Dmitry

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Wanted to share with everyone my experience with the 2005 C230 coupe. Bought the car when it had 17000 miles from a Nissan dealer. So far have put 11000 more miles. No problems at all. Best of all the fuel economy on the car is superb. I usually get 300-320 miles out of a tank combined city/highway driving. And I live in NYC. That should say a lot. Car has great handling, not very fast, but I think it's because I have an auto, not a stick. Nonetheless for someone who wants a Benz that is compact, problem- free and fun to drive I really recommend the car. One other feature I like is that it comes from factory with a sport exhaust. Has that nice low sound when you accelerate. Thank you

Great Ride
By Nick77

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My first MB and certainly not my last. What a blast to drive. Fun is only a down shift away, blow by anyone on the highway no problem, gaps in traffic just seem to open up for you like moses and the red sea. Fuel economy is fantastic, 28mpg at 90 mph, 30mpg at 70, 32mpg at 60; can't beat that, its ridiculous. Watch out for cops tho, this is a dangerous car, can do 90 without even realizing it. The sound of the engine is music to my ears, I put the radio on mute (which sounds great as well) just to listen to it when accelerating.

Supercharged 4cly, remote rear sunshade, sound system, short-throw 6spd MT shifter

More comfortable seats, leave only functional buttons above the radio, mute button for sound system on the wheel, cruise control on the wheel

Our Mercedes
By Jimmy

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I sell cars for a living. Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo to be exact. I had some hesitation about buying a pre-owned Mercedes. This car is, without a doubt, the nicest sedan I have ever driven. The folks at M-B know how to design and build a sedan. The 2.6 ltr. provides more than adequate power while delivering excellent fuel economy.Handling and road manners are awesome! So far, no mechanical issues and we are planning on purchasing an extended warranty when the factory expires. They can be expensive when they break. We are now planning on purchasing a 2005 C-Class Wagon.

Quality of build, interior layout, long-distance passenger comfort, multi- function controls and settings, overall styling.

Cheap chrome ring around cupholder is peeling.

Disappionted
By Lisa

This car looks amazing from the outside. The handling is exceptional, too bad there are too many problems. I drove this one off the lot and have had nothing but problems. The car veered to the right and it took Mercedes 3 trips to the dealer to fix. At 10K engine leaks. I have been in the shop 7 times in 18 months for a non working radio. After having a loaner for 14 weeks I finally got MBUSA to buy back this car. Too bad because I love to drive this car but tired of the problems. Mercedes is not what it used to be. Replaced it with a 2007 Lexus 350 .

Best looking car I have owned, Great handling, braking.

Way too small inside , for comfortable seats, rear passenger leg room and Please have a radio that works.