Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 225 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great choice
By ChuckinTucson

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This my 9th Mercedes-Benz. I really like this car a lot. Mine is Orion Blue with Ash interior, and gets a lot of compliments. I bought Yokohama S- Drive tires for it right after I got it, and love the comfort ride, and the handling. Great combination of car and tires.

Styling, ride, comfort, hard to come up with just one favorite feature.

Wish the exhaust note wasn't so "4 cylinder" sounding, even though it is a 4 cylinder. Sounds a little wimpy.

Reliable and fun
By Jeff

Ive had a 2005 C230 Sport Sedan for 2 years now and love the car. With the AMG styling and upgrades the sport sedan has its a real head turner. I have had zero problems with the car and I drive it about 30000 miles a year. I've only brought it in for scheduled maintanence and had a couple recall problems fixed. I'd buy this car again and would recommend it to anyone. My friend has a BMW 325xi and my Benz is much more fun to drive

Radio controls on the steering wheel. The heated seats in the winter. The AMG body kit and upgrades to the suspension and brakes. The fact I average 28 mpg daily and Ive gotten up to 37 mpg on the highway. I also like that I can drive over 500 miles on a tank during a road trip.

Like no other
By My Retirement Gift

I purchased this automobile as a retirement gift to myself as my old truck had finally croaked. Everything about this vehicle is a delight to own, handle and drive. From dealer servicing regardless of where I have managed to land to quality of repairs and frequency of service. Its comfortable on long rides, its quiet its fun. I would really purchase no other car given a choice.

6 speed manual transmission, radio controls in the steering wheel, frigid AC reasonable service intervals (car should be out providing fun for the owner not in the shop every other month)

Different wheel choices. 7 speed manual

Solid Value and Fun
By pidcoke44

The C230 has been a solid and reliable purchase and wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again. It has the classic MB good looks in a package that is fun to drive without hitting the wallet in a bad way. The 1.8L Kompressor engine provides ample performance and zip. It is both fast and quick as well as being responsive to the touch. My C230 has 50,000 miles on it and has yet to see a service bay for other than the scheduled maintenance. It's fuel economy is in keeping with other 1.8L engines. Bottom line... I never get tired of driving it and plan on keeping it a long time.

I fell that the engine's performance and what it delivers out of 1.8L is the cars best feature. It can kick you back in the seat. The front driver console is excellent with easy access to what needed.

The upholstering could be improved to add a better comfort level.

Great car
By Ashok Kumar

Great car. Fun to drive. A lot of features for the money and much more than comparable BMWs. Performance when you need it with the kompressor. Wife feels very safe in the car. Great gas mileage. On a recent 300mi highway trip, I got 34mpg by using cruise and keeping my speed at 65mph

Rain sensing wipers. Automatic headlights. Two tier cruise control (keeps it at or above a limit or at or below a limit) Heated seats - great for winter mornings