Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 226 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great car but w/typical euro bugs
By vadersv8

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I've had this car for about 3 mo's and bought it used with 78k and so far it's been a decent car.

My gripe is mainly the lil buggy issues.

1. Driver side front parking lamp went out, now it's working again.

2. Instrument cluster stopped working however the center digital center gauge is working fine and the dash lights still work. In other words, all the needles are at 0.

It's an excellend drive and it's pretty quiet on the road/freeway but Mercedes is suppose to be a well made automobile, but with little annoying things like this coming up it could potentially make the driver not want to purchase this brand of car again.

Ps: This car has automatic trans.

handling, suspension, rear shade, smooth ride.

electronics.

Maintenance Queen
By floridafordleo

Had car since it was new.
2005 Mercedes C-230 Kompressor.
Don't get me wrong the car is beautiful and is a jet when it comes to ride and handling but thats not what we use it for.
The car is a daily to work and back car and every now and then a road trip maybe one state over.
it seems like every week there is some expensive service that needs to be done on it.
The car eats tires due to a poor suspension geometry, and you have to change the brakes every 20k miles it seems like.
The car leaks oil and constantly showing error messages.
I pride myself at maintaining my cars but I cant seem to stay on top with this one.
Getting rid of it as soon as possible.
90k on it now.

seat warmers

Suspension issues. Give me a engine oil dipstick so I can check it!

Just Crashed and survived
By markp_92647

We loved our C230 2005 Kompressor, decent all around car. slightly expensive to maintain, but thats not unreasonable for this type of car I write this review today for 1 reason, i flipped the car 2 x and took out a light pole on the freeway @ 60 in the rain both my lovely wife and i walked away with some very minor bruising and sore muscles, the car is totaled, all 10 air bags burst and i believe this saved us from a lot of trauma. I rate this car an 10+ for safety, if you saw it after the wreck you would have been amazed, a lesser car would not have done so well, writing this at home 24 hrs after the crash is amazing best to all

i survived , and decent gas, and everybody is impressed it's a mercedes

none

Best Car I've ever owned!
By Steve B

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car, it is not the fastest car I have ever owned but is more than fast enough. It is not the best MPG car I have ever owned but gets far better mileage than any other car I know of with similar performance. It turns heads even though it is a 5 year old design, I love the Mars red color. I haven't had it long enough to really evaluate reliability, but have talked to several owners who have had now significant problems including one who's daughter has been driving one since she got her license and with 156k on it still loves the car. Mine is a one owner and has only 40k miles on it, it looks, drives, and smells like a brand new car. My Mileage has averaged about 20 city, 30 hwy.

Performance, handling, MPG, sound system, and all the other bells and whistles.

Free iPod interface would have been nice, otherwise none.

Great Car with exceptional balance!
By MB lover

Bought it used at 13k miles in 2/2006 and it's 62K now in 6/2010. No problem whatsoever (but I don't race or abuse it though, always garaged), solid and well-built, it's powerful when needed (thanks to the Supercharger), fuel economical when driving conservatively (4 cylinder topped 36mpg in 2 hour trip on secondary hwy with A/C set to 1, backseat fits 2 adults almost 6 feet tall (my car pool). Panoramic roof fills the car with openness, trunk is so roomy and practical with both backseat folded down, styling is subjective (just the right balance- I love it!)

Supercharger w/ 4 cylinder, tiptronic shift, Panny roof, styling.

A 7-speed trans will yield even better hwy mpg.