Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

The C Class zooms ahead of the rest
By Roger

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The C230 Sports Sedan that I own is an amazing vehicle for its price. In its class, nothing compares overall. Mercedes introduced a new nano-technicological paint which virtually eliminates scratching, and looks great as the car ages. Even chipped paint is a rare sight. The exterior of this car is really a nice sight. 17 inch alloy wheels, an AMG ground effects package, with chrome exaust tips, and even a supercharger. makes this car, second to none.

Xenon Lights, 17 inch rims, Cockpit style gauges, crossed drilled rotors, supercharged engine, best and easiest sport shift.

The Harmon Kardon Stereo/Navagation System and Surround Speakers is not as good as the previous Bose System. The Navagation is great, but the sound coming through the speakers at higher volume levels is limited.

FUN!
By Jayne

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

After driving SUV's for years, I recently purchased C230 coupe. Our oldest daughter had just turned 16, with the additional car for our daughter I decided to trade in the last of my SUV's for this Mercedes. I can only say that as a mother of 3, driving had been limited to vehicles that would be large enough to haul all our kids, their friends and whatever else we could squeeze in :). When I was a in my 20's I bought what I could afford, then came the kids-practically was the focus- now-I drive for FUN! I do have a problem though, our 16 year old wants me to "share"..

Fun to drive.

A Car for All Season
By Albert Fairchild

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

We've had this car for 7 months now, and it is our all time favorite vehicle. Elegantly designed and mechanically superb, we have driven it with pleasure and in comfort on snowy roads and in Washington's steam-bath summer. The fuel mileage is not great (about 19 mpg), but that seems to be an inevitable tradeoff for cars of this class.

Beautiful styling, interior and exterior. Excellent handling on the road, with the signature Mercedes tight turning radius. We have a 10-year old C220, and most of its flaws have been ironed out in this 2005 model.

Like its C-class predecessors, this one has a very thick center post area that makes rear/side viewing less than great.

Love this fun little car!
By trismiss

This is a great zip around town car. I love the feel, looks, and handling. You could be going 90 and it feels like your going 30. just an all around awesome car.

Heated seats, hands free communication. Super smooth ride.

More leg room in the back seat.

Good car for the money
By Chris

Other than the radio needing to be replaced, the car has been flawless to date. Fun, quick, respectable, efficient. Everything you could want out of a car.

Aggressive look and handling.

Leather extended to the entire face of the seat (only middle section is without full leather option). Radio performance is below average.