Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Unbelievable car
By Sage

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned, it rides so smooth and accelerates really good for a 4 cylinder thanks to the supercharger, and it will brake one a dime. And the fuel efficiency is even better I average 30 to 35 mpg on highway and about 20 to 25 in city. And there is plenty of space in the car and trunk. The things that I wish were different on my car is the front brakes and I wish that the tires wouldn't ware out so fast, after about 20,000 miles the front tires were bald and they were new when I bought them. Other then that I will always want to have a mercedes because of this car.

My Son's FIRST Car
By Ron

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Handed down by a family member, it is solid and keeps going even after 175,000 miles. Engineering is excellent and has the whole family rethinking MB for their next car. It has to have high octane gas but the mileage is excellent for it's amount of power being 6 cylinders.

A Tiger on the Road
By sgbmedia

I bought my 2005 C230K at 67,000 mi for $13,000 three years ago and just turned 165,000 mi and am very pleased with it. I drive between Phoenix, Los Angeles and Las Vegas weekly and it has really never let me down. Plenty of kick from the supercharged 1.8L 4 cyl engine and the slap shift auto trans is great although it tends to over rev when putting it through extreme shifts at 70mph+.

The 1.8L V4 engine with 6 speed auto trans.

Better quality front brakes. The stock brakes need to be totally replaced @ 30,000 mi including rotors.

Nothing but problems
By tiaguessa

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Since we purchased our c-class it's been a horrible experience. Engine had tapping noise since day one, dealership said that knocking / tapping noise is normal. It leaks like crazy, you can smell oil buring in the car. We have replaced the rear main seal ($1300.00), valve cover gaskets ($650.00) and now the transfer case has to be replaced, $3000.00. Still smells and leaks. We came from Acura to MB because I have owned several older MB's and loved them but we wanted a new one. The dealership is the worst, Chevrolet dealership disguised as a MB dealership. The car is total junk, never own another one. Going to back to Acura.

Love it Love it Love it
By kalvin97gagt

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this car about 3 months ago used with 37k miles from the 2nd owner. It's what you expect from a german car, tight and solid but yet refined while hugging the road like a sports car. The ride is perfect, not harsh and not too loose like other non AMG models. The engine roars you through the rpm range and makes a great sound.
The car is plenty quick, but it would be a monster with the 5.4 Supercharged version found in the E55

Interior, build quality