Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 225 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Nice entry level sports sedan
By celivdc13

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The car has been great and is fun to drive. I wish it had more power (was driving a 6 spd Maxima) especially when the A/C is on. Handling is wonderful and the car loves corners. I only purchased 2 options (CD changer and sunroof package) and have been very pleased. So far the car has had two unscheduled services (sunshade instalation and cold start/computer issue). Annual oil change at dealer was $150. Other than that no surprises to date. If buying again I'd wait for the 320 or new 350 (new 2007/8 C-class looks amazing).

The cruise control knob (once you get used to it, it makes sense), rain sensing wipers, rear power sunshade, transmission, exhaust note, drilled front brakes, seats and steering wheel, and rims and tires

The only improvement I'd make would be to offer more performance enhancements (dealer installed). While it's a sports sedan, it lacks power, and aftermarket product selection is terrible. In this arena the BMW is king.

Over Priced Junk
By Chip

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Mercedes Benz advertises and sells this as a sports sedan (C320WZ), not even close, I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. The transmission and build quailty are awful at best. For a European sports sedan, it's the wrost I have ever owned. Will never buy another Mercedes Benz product. Automatic transmission is absolutely the worst in the industry, and downshifts whenever it wants!

Very nice looking car.

Focus on build quality and taking care of your customers. Stop making excuses.

My new baby Benz
By DARLENA ELLIS

Beautiful and easy to handle. It's not too big, but has 4 doors. I love it! I feel classy, I feel pretty. Drive one and see!

The body

Fancier interior. More controls for moving the seats. Softer leather.

The C Class zooms ahead of the rest
By Roger

The C230 Sports Sedan that I own is an amazing vehicle for its price. In its class, nothing compares overall. Mercedes introduced a new nano-technicological paint which virtually eliminates scratching, and looks great as the car ages. Even chipped paint is a rare sight. The exterior of this car is really a nice sight. 17 inch alloy wheels, an AMG ground effects package, with chrome exaust tips, and even a supercharger. makes this car, second to none.

Xenon Lights, 17 inch rims, Cockpit style gauges, crossed drilled rotors, supercharged engine, best and easiest sport shift.

The Harmon Kardon Stereo/Navagation System and Surround Speakers is not as good as the previous Bose System. The Navagation is great, but the sound coming through the speakers at higher volume levels is limited.

FUN!
By Jayne

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

After driving SUV's for years, I recently purchased C230 coupe. Our oldest daughter had just turned 16, with the additional car for our daughter I decided to trade in the last of my SUV's for this Mercedes. I can only say that as a mother of 3, driving had been limited to vehicles that would be large enough to haul all our kids, their friends and whatever else we could squeeze in :). When I was a in my 20's I bought what I could afford, then came the kids-practically was the focus- now-I drive for FUN! I do have a problem though, our 16 year old wants me to "share"..

Fun to drive.