Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 226 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Solid - Formed Out of One Piece
By mbzla

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my wagon for almost 3 years now and love it. It has a very solid feel - it just feels like it's formed out of one piece. The seats, seating position and layout are extremely comfortable. I highly recommend this car/wagon and would quickly buy another. Beware of 'expert' reviews. I've had an Audi and the quality and feel is just not the same. My MBZ is not the fastest, but it is sporty and has plenty of pep when you need it. It handles nicely. The interior is classy (not overdone) and the exterior looks great.

Rock solid feel, handling, seating and ergonomic comfort. Almost every feature is thoughtfully and successfully executed.

Malfunction notifications can't be acknowledged and removed.

Nice Car
By John

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have had my C230 for a year now with no trouble. The performance has been enhanced by the addition of a K&N air filter. This simple install has given me a little more low end power and much better gas mileage. I am getting 32 MPG very easily. For the money I do not know how you could do much better. Had an Audi A4 3.0Q and like the Benz much better.

AMG Look, and low profile. Transmission is super smooth.

None. It is what it is. A good value in an auto.

Over Priced Junk
By Andy

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is advertised and sold as a sports sedan. Not even close. This car can't get out of its own way. Very disappointed in the performance and build quality of this Mercedes-Benz. If you're looking for a true sports sedan, don't buy these vehicles. I will never purchase a Mercedes again. Overpriced junk. There is much better quality, performance and pricing in the market.

Nice Looking

Build quality and performance.

C230k 4dr
By Fun and Sexy

A very cute and aggressive looking car, with MB AMG appreance. Interior is a little bit tight inside, but it's a small car. So far so good with out any problems. Gas mileage is about 22mpg.

Exterior apperance, stands out from the crowd. Way better looking then BMW 3 series, Lexus IS 300, or Audi A4

A little bit more power, and more room in the interior.

Best buy for under $40K
By Jim

This is my 2nd Mercedes C230 Kompressor and the '05 redesign is outstanding. I love the sporty aggressive stance it has. I recently had the misfortune of having a side impact collision with my car and I am so impressed with the stability of this car. Although the door was caved in on the passenger side, the air bags did not deploy thanks to the child safety component and the car really held its ground. I was shaken but unhurt. This was one of the main reasons I bought this car. It's economical to operate and it gives you the rock solid feel of a well built car while it still gives you ability to have fun. I traded an '04 BMW 330I for my MB and I don't regret it at all. Safety, comfort and style.

Sporty styling, heated seats, safety, fuel economy, fun to drive, and very eye catching.

Better standard sound system and full power seats. Better grade leather and having full leather instead of inserts.