Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Almost there
By nice!

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I kept going back to the MB dealership to stare at it. Almost bought the 2006 BMW 3, which is frankly a better car. But the 230k just looked so great in Mars red, I couldn't resist. And while it has been the head- turner I thought it would be, ther are some issues. The paint chips very easily. The trunk lid has a wide gap and looks not fully closed at all times. The cruise control fob is badly located, and I keep trying to use it as for directional signal. The radio difficult to read in sunlight. The powerseats are sub standard. It already needs to have some work done on window insulation. It's slightly underpowered. All that being said, I'd buy it again. Sexy outside, sleek inside and a relatively good value.

It looks fast standing still. Love the aluminum trimmed interior. Has killer rims/wheels. The body styling and overall interior finish.

Power seats need to be improved. The paint should have a few more coats. More power (maybe v-6 standard?) An AWD version would be great. It should be MP3/iPod prewired like BMW. Relocate the cruise control.

A Great "Baby Benz"
By S Penn

It has the crisp, tight, precise driving that one can only enjoy from a Mercedes Benz. I have owned many bigger and more powerful Mercedes, yet the C230 Kompressor is an absolute pleasure to drive. It's quick, responsive, and still gives the driver the confidence of a well built, secure vehicle.

With current high gas prices, this model is a winner at the gas pump.

Perhaps in future models the navigation system could be raised to the same eye level as the speedometer on the dash.

Proud Owner
By Carol Woo

The exterior is sophistocated, sporty, classy, and compact. The raised rear gives it a feeling of perpetural motion even when parked. My car is black, so the "shine" factor is ever present. The light bouncing off of it is a truly beautiful sight. Seats are firmer than I would like, but the front seats have sheep skin covers so that helps.

The exterior styling

None

Love my car
By jwlk0727

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car somewhat relunctantly, because "the car guys" were not really enthusiastic about it. I think that they're wrong. I traded a 2000 Audi A4 1.8TQ for this car, and I think that it's just as good if not better than the Audi. It's quiet with a smooth ride, and I love all the standard features. I got a good deal on the car, and I think that it's a great value for the money. I love my new car.

Ride, auto headlights, rain sensing wipers, audio

A little more horsepower

A great little car
By Robert D. Frank

I eagerly awaited the arrival of this car as I made my selection while it was on the ship. I have not been disappointed. It handles well, has superb performance, and gets 29.5/30 mpg on the highway. I love the way it drives, the way it looks, and the compliments I receive from friends. The longest trip I have taken was over 7 hours on some rough back roads and it was a comfortable trip. The workmanship is excellent, with not one problem to report after 8,000 miles. It is one of the best car buying decisions I have made in my 47 years of buying cars.

Looks, gas mileage, comfort, and performance

None