Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 208 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Amazingly great car
By musicman24

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I bought this car a few months ago and love it. This car gets awsome gas mileage at 23 mpg city-33 mpg hwy and is very comfortable to sit in on long trips, not to mention it turns a lot of heads.

My favorite feature is the how quiet of a ride it is and how quiet the doors sound when you shut them. Before this I owned an Acura TSX and they are very very loud inside while you are driving. Everyone always asked if my windows were down!

I have seen the new ones and have nothing at this point to add as a change because this I would have said have already been done.

Great Car for the $$$
By Joe

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Where else can you get a car that will smoke a prior gen M3, get 4 doors and take the family out to dinner? Great engine, lots of torque and easy to modify.

Strong engine (355 HP), lots of torque once supercharger hits. Light mods will make this a sub 13 second car in qtr mile (high 12s are easy with pulley). Stealth look (looks like std w203 C class until you punch it).

Front end heavy understeering; costly to lower, tough to get traction on wet days; needs a Quaife to harness the tremendous power as ASR is nothing but electronic nanny; stereo is not up to par for $60 K sedan.

True sportwagon
By MBZlover

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a black on beige C320 4MATIC wagon with only 36000 miles on for under 20 grand! What a buy for such a great utility vehicle! However this car has so many aspects wouldn't normally find in an SUV or any form of utility vehicle for that manner. First off it handles just as good as my G35 coupe. Second it has a firm suspension yet delivers the true smooth ride of a Benz. Third it gets an average of 25 mpg on the highway and sometimes reaches up over 30! Fourth is the engine performance. Even with almost 40K miles on it the tranny is buttery smooth and the cars pick up is amazing! defenitely would not keep up with my Infiniti G35 but much faster than my previous Lexus RX300.

Great power for a small V6. plenty of room for hauling anything. Refined, great build quality, 4MATIC provides good grip in all weather conditions

Love it
By Loven the mb

We bought this car with high hopes, well it has by far passed them all. We bought it new and it has never failed. Only regular maintaenance and oil changes. It now has about 100k on it and it still run strong. I now upgraded to a E500, but my daughter just got her license and she got the C230. Oh and the mileage is great! I get around 33 on the highway and 25 in town. I would buy this car over and over gladly.

The MB badge, sound system, and seats fill you like a glove.

None.

Fair
By KL

Very impressive, classy car. Always dependable, no mechanical issues since purchased in July 07. My only issues; this vehicle is zippy and performs fabulously on the highway, but a bit sluggish for a supercharged vehicle around town. I expected more power than this. You've got to put the pedal to the floor to get out of the way. I'm most disappointed in the front seats of this car as they have no lumbar support and built like cardboard. Not a good choice for long distance driving. I've had to add a lumbar support module to my front seat which looks rediculous and shabby in a Benz, but necessary. No lie, every passenger I've had in my car have complained about the seats.

Style, sophistication, class, need I say more. Excellent fuel economy! Great car for a petite woman or man.

Expected more out of Benz, comfort isn't here. Seats need to be restyled for comfort and support. I don't have back or spine issues but after driving 40 minutes, I complain of discomfort from the seats. There's also not enough leg room for a passenger over 6 ft tall. Bring a cushion, seats are hard.