Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 208 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Best value in the brand
By ofcr

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I am original owner of a Mars Red C230 Kompressor.
65k miles. Stowed properly for winter every year and since purchased.
Car gets so many looks, countless people have stopped me to say how beautiful the car is over the years. The power is incredible, especially off the line...sweet gas mileage even when you punch it.
Brakes are hands down the best.
So far just changed the oil, bled the brakes in the spring, cleaned sunroof track and waxed.
NEVER had a quality issue...only infrequent, and very minor issues.
Perfect excuse to go to the dealer and absorb the Benzo eye-candy.
Love the car, brand, the Nordstrom level of service and features of S-class for a great price

Swagger, i.e. Balls, Power (low/high end). Fuel efficiency, 34.5mpg on last 4 hour road trip. Great looking color, hood, rear-end, profile. Fat rear tires give it that hot rod look, though suttle enough to be a daily driver. Lumbar support is perfect, driven 12 hours straight comfortably. 6-cd changer, A/C, sunroof, power windows and everything else still works flawlessly. Auto-dimming mirrors really make night driving a nice experience.

C230 Kompressor Sport - Just love this Car!
By coprtkm

Super fast when needed. great gas mileage 32MPG hwy. sporty and super fun to drive.
Can't believe I fit into this as well as I do. 6'2 and weigh 285lbs. very comfortable and roomy for myself and girl. plenty of room in the trunk even though it could be a little deeper. great sounding stereo with all features you could ask for. Just love this car! Purchased from the original owner in 2011. Had 54,600 miles and not one little dent, tear etc. even smelt like it came straight from the factory. best 11,500.00 I ever spent!

CD changer, plenty of room in the glove box even though you think their wouldn't be. Nice sport sedan all the way around. Just love this car!

I feel the back seat is perfect for carrying my skis and anything long that the truck does not hold. More room in the glove box than I thought. The CD changer takes up space but was surprised the manual and other things fit without a problem. Nice to have a cassette to play my old songs that I recorded 25+ years ago and love all of the steering wheel features where you can control without lifting your arm. It’s a first for me 

Not worth it
By jonnie

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is very unreliable. Something is always breaking down. The electric wiring is messed up. First the car shut off on the freeway-no reason. Then the trunk broke and would not lock, speakers went out, then the lighter went out so I can't charge my phone during driving. Then the brake lights have been going out on & off since I've had it. Finally my drivers side lock went out -causing the alarm to go off while driving and while parked. I've been a fool and taken it in to the Arcadia dealership to be fixed which has only cost thousands of dollars. This last estimate ~$700 for a $125 part. They told me their technicians are trained that's why they charge so much. please! Never buy Mercedes. :(

the color

pretty much everything. And if they want to keep selling their vehicles they need to take some classes from HONDA, that car was actually reliable

Fun and Value
By Race Bannon

I've owned my C230 Kompressor sedan for almost 7 years now and it's as fun to drive as ever. I've got the six speed manual transmission, so the car is really responsive jetting around town, yet retains a smooth luxurious feel on the highway in the higher gears. I haven't had any major repairs in 7 years, though the lock mechanism on the left rear door has just started to malfunction within the last month. All in all a great car, that's been lots of fun to drive, at a very good value, if you consider I paid around $32K for it and drove it for almost seven years.

Sun Roof, six speed manual Xmission, 6 CD player, automatic sun shade for rear window.

I don't like the look of this model year from behind, looks cheap. Mercedes did fix this though, starting in 2005 they rounded out the rear of the car for a better, more stylish look.

Reliable MB
By keifer

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this new for my wife back in 2004. The car has been very reliable, and has maintained its quality feel throughout the years of ownership. Only issue with this vehicle was a disappointing need to service some suspension components. Dealer said it was due to wear and age. At the time, the car only had 45,000 miles, but was 5 years old ... guess I question parts that wear just because of age versus miles. Ready for a new car, and MB will be in the consideration (although the price has gotten a bit past the competition). Overall, still quite happy with the vehicle.

Memory and heated seats / very capable performance & handling / looks have maintained stylish appearance even though the newer version has changed.

windshield wipers / fold down rear seats