Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 280 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

A Great Car for the Money
By Todd

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my C240 for a little over 4 years. Having previously owned a 1997 Toyota Camry, I've found Mercedes to be quite reliable, though not as reliable as the Camry. The exterior has worn well, with a good deal of shine still left in the paint (I have no garage). The interior, however, is quite cheaply made and it shows. A later redesign dealt with this issue. I plan to buy another C-Class sedan when the redesigned 2008 model appears.

Great handling and drive. Head-turning vehicle. Minimal mechanical problems.

Cheap-looking interior. Sub-par quality leather inserts.A few annoying electrical glitches.

Super Fun Car!
By Miss D

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have really enjoyed driving this car. My only issue with M-B is the options packages. They make it too hard to get what you want. I initially had a problem with the memory seats but after 2 trips to the dealer it was fixed. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a great drive with lots of WOW factor!

Great drive, awesome stereo system, cool options.

Electrical and available options.

Everything You Wanted for This Price
By Bumpy1800

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

No problems whatsoever. I get around 33mpg on long interstate trips, but only about 20 or so in town. I don't even try to go out if we get a few inches of snow. First winter, got stuck by my mailbox and the mail lady helped push me out, in 3" of snow. Tried top of the line snow tires plus sand bags and got nothing. This is the only complaint with this car, save the onboard computer controls could be a bit clearer, but I hardly use them anyway. Car is pretty, and 3 years later still gets turned heads when I pull a corner! From adults, too! Turns nice and tight, has a ton of features for such a "cheap" car.

Supercharger, tiptronic, panoramic sunroof, auto wipers, audio controls, dual climate control, cool cupholder

Front wheel drive at least. I know that's not the point of a "sports coupe" but when a few inches of snow keeps you home, that ain't cool (I love snow). Wouldn't mind standard xenon headlights.

Great for now
By Harry O

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car is my second Mercedes and my 4th car. I like the style and the handling. Gas mileage is great. The computer is great too. I notice small things like the windshield wipers not coming on when the door is open so as not to throw water on you (among several other neat attributes). The dash display seems to be shorting a bit or simply burning out. The sunroof doesn't close fully in auto mode as it should.

Auto lights and rain sensors. Disc changer. Feel of the steering. Computer in dash. The looks.

Cup holder is too small. It is somewhat underpowered. The seats could be slightly softer. A car this size should have seats that fold down in the rear.

Great driving automobile
By Herman

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Excellent automobile, only returned once during 50,000 mile warranty for replacement of automatic temperature control module. Very tight turning radius makes parking very easy. Manual transmission and supercharged 4 cylinder engine provides for excellent gas mileage. 28-30 mph in town and 32- 40 mph on the highway at 65-70 mph.

6-speed manual transmission, supercharged 4-cylinder engine, comfortable seats, outstanding gas mileage

Suggest interior door gasket on body be made of vinyl in lieu of fuzzy cloth. The vinyl would be easier to keep clean at the door threshold.