Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great little car
By dfk

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Car is fun to drive but corners somewhat soft. The looks are great IMHO and still has the classic MB styling. The 230 is a great little engine with all the power anyone will ever need.

Looks, gas mileage - (34 hiway)

Needs larger gear selector numbers as SLK does. Could be a little more sporty ride like 3 series BMW. Especially when cornering. I'm changing springs as soon as warrante is up. The radio adjustments should be on their own (on the sterring wheel) instead of having to scroll to find the controls.

I Love My MB!
By Dawn

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my MB C320 4Matic for two years now and I just love it. I live in Alaska and endure a lot of miserable winter weather with icy roads, deep snow and -40F. At first, I was concerned that the severe cold would have a negative effect on the performance, however, just the opposite. My car flawlessly handles all of the bad road conditions, provides a graceful, comfortable ride with superb handling. I will never own anything else but a Mercedes. My husband is frustrated that the car requires using Super Unlead Fuel, especially with these high fuel prices, but I think it's worth it. Oh...I love the heated seats, too! It's a very safe vehicle and one I'm proud to be driving!

Dual climate control, heated seats, overall handling especially due to the 4Matic AWD feature. The other creature comforts are well worth the price and the Smart Key is unique and beneficial, especially automatically remembering each driver's specific seat & mirror positions (love that feature!).

The cup holder should be relocated, larger fuel tank size, pass-through from trunk to rear seat area should be a standard feature.

Great Car
By justice2106

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Don't be put off by the C230's 189hp. It is more than enough. Bi-xenon headlights are a must because the standard headlights are not clear, check some pictures. The car handles well and gets pretty good fuel economy. The standard audio is decent and the front seats are terrific, the back seats are also nice, but don't offer a lot of leg room. The build quality was excellent, I never had any problems. The only thing to be aware of is that the sport tires have to be replaced every 15,000 miles (about $1,000). I recommend the tire rack if you are looking to save money. We just sold ours for a 2005 C230 (pewter).

Engine, trick cup holder, 17 inch rims, bi-xenon, and interior comfort.

Make aCD player and the bi-xenon headlamps standard.

I will never buy another brand of car
By atclew

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After being stationed in Europe and having a chance to drive the 3 major brands of European autos (Audi, BMW, and Mercedes). I was already a bit biased towards Mercedes Benz for the comfort of the ride alone. After purchasing the C320 with the 4-matic and having driven it for awhile now, I am just amazed at how well this car handles and performs. On longer trips, my wife has trouble staying awake because the ride is so smooth, a feat not accomplished in other vehicles we've owned.

All the amazing safety features. (TEN airbags, count 'em folks!). Turning radius. Smart Key system. Dual climate control. The winter driving mode starts you off in second gear, combined with 4-matic makes it nearly impossible to lose control on ice and snow.

Fuel tank is rather small along with mediocre fuel economy has me filling up a little more than I'd prefer, but then again, if you can afford the Benz, you can afford the gas. Don't purchase with the Bose stereo if you're even a semi-audiophile. If you're an average listener, it'll do.

what is not to like on a C240
By imburg

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

this car has one main drawback and that
is the dash control design. In bright
sunshine its almost impossible to read
the orange lettering on the dash. I
have experienced only one problem with
this car which walters corrected and
that is the computer that detects the
braking force also detects other
functions. Otherwise it runs
faultlessly in city and on the highway.

Size of this c240 is perfect for city driving because all the parking spaces are tight. I traded a 99 grand marques for this c240 and find I can get into spaces with only one try.

since I am a smoker the location of the ash tray is too low and misplaced because ash falls on the shifter. It should be higher on the dash.