Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Rock Solid with Slick Design
By jmatheson

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

The exterior design and the Mercedes brand are what first drew my attention. This is an aggressive, muscular wedge of a car with thoughtful Mercedes design cues throughout. I've loved the safety features and it's a blast to drive. I expect this car to last me a while. I chose the brilliant silver exterior with black leather interior. Although the smallest Mercedes, it has all the looks of the bigger Benz. Just a few complaints. Lack of a CD player is astonishing in this day and age. Lots of brake dust on front rotors. Front cupholder is a little overwrought. But, I'm picking at details. This car has class and character. I get more comments about this car than any other I've driven.

Exterior design, proportions, Mercedes cachet, safety features (especially surround airbags), smooth ride, lack of wind noise, solid build, supportive seats, handling, doors close like a bank vault.

CD player and MP3 connections. Perhaps a better cupholder. That's it.

My car
By chesapeakegirl77

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love it. The car handles like a first class car, it has pick up, and it looks good. It's a Mercedes Benz, what more do you need to say? When you're driving the car it will perform as you ask it to. It doesn't drive you. There's even nice trunk room and a spare that includes an alloy rim to match the others, not some metal piece of junk. Good gas mileage and comfortable seats for long drives that dont make you ache.

Pickup and scat for a little classic car. Runs through snow with no problem

Vastly overrated
By mbnot4me

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Having operated a C320 for three years, I now see why MB has become an “average” car in the ratings. It has been one small thing after another, and a couple not so small. After spending $750 for four new tires that did not solve a constant vibration, someone cared enough to see what was actually wrong and found out the car had a warped drive shaft at 18,000 miles. Of course, nothing was said about the tires. This is my fourth and last one (unless my wife changes my mind).

None

Get a cup holder that does not rattle and a trunk lid that goes all the way up and does not fall on your head

Highly Disappointed
By Claudia Valle

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable automobile. This car has lost more interior pieces than I have been able to keep up with. The electrical components of this car leaves a lot to be desired. I had to replace the alternator at 52,000 miles - the first time in my lifetime as a car owner that I have had to change an alternator this soon. This vehicle has really tarnished my image of the Mercedes Benz brand. When you pay this much for a small sedan, you expect reliability, quality, and decent peace of mind. Wish I would have opted for the Lexus instead.

Nice exterior. I particularly like the Tele-aid feature which comes in handy when the car leaves you stranded in the California desert.

Reduce the number of loose pieces, covers, and plates in the interior. The hood release is difficult to find. I've had to look for it that many times! The cup holder design is weak. The AC controls are annoying to try to figure out unless you can read hieroglyphics.

Heck of a Mercedes
By ChuckA

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 2 BMWs in the past, and I find that the MB is more comfortable and rides nicer. It will not handle as well as a BMW, but you get comfort and style in place of handling in hard corners. I enjoy this car greatly and love the way people look at me while I drive.

Very smooth and stylish. it gets up and goes without problems. Good gas mileage for a larger V6.

More solid interior door handles and rear side shades with rear shade option.