Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 320 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Love this car
By pfweintraub

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my C320 wagon on Ebay and it is one of the best cars I've ever owned (and I've had about 30). No problems ever, gas mileage never goes below 20 and even on short trips goes over 25-26mpg. I put Michelin hi end tires on and it corners on rails even on wet pavement. Use premium gas, use Mobil 1, change oil every 5k miles and it will run forever. It was not a cream puff when I got it either.

Multi-driver electric seats are a big plus, more space than you think in the back. I've put a dishwasher in there, hauled a stove.

Not much. Just would like there to be a C300 wagon available in the USA (it is in Germany.)

Love it "of course"
By of course

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my 240,the way it handles,and the comfort of course I never have to sit in the back seat but for the dollar spent and the reliability you cannot beat this car and hwy mileage best yet 28.9 mpg and that is not doing 55.

turns on a dime,quiet,stable and fast

Most Unreliable Care I Ever Owned
By Jim

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car with 12,000 miles. Always wanted to stall at stop signs. Took 2 years for them to find out what was wrong. Replaced fuel pumps on good will since warranty expired. New pumps whined and they would not replace them again. Coil spring broke, power steering pump went bad. Crankshaft position sensor bad. Rust bucket - car started rusting after two years. Front end noise. Traded it in cause I was tired of all the problems. Rode great but very expensive to own. Poor mechanical quality. Worst car I ever owned.

Power band and smooth transmission.

Fix the fuel pump issues - stand behind your product. Fuel pumps only changed on goodwill cause you couldn't fix it on warranty. Should have replaced them again after you installed bad pumps (whining like a siren). I guess you learned a lot from Chrysler.

The Nicest Terrible Car I Ever Owned
By INVNTDTHWHL

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this Benz used in 2006 and it was in really good condition and low miles. Ever since then it has slowly fallen apart. Mechanically it is decent other than the expensive maintenance but the fit and finish of the car is sub par. Everything form the trim to the cup holders to the seats have broken at one time or another. This is the bottom of the MB line-up and it shows. They really just cranked these out and spit them at the consumers without quality control. Makes me never want to buy a MB or any German car for that matter again. What a shame.

Decent leather interior. Stong engine.

Higher quality finishes. Smoother shifting tranny.

Good First Timer Benz
By Jesse

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my vehicle a four years ago from the authorized dealer. At the time, it was an authorized pre-owned vehicle with only 42K miles. The first year, I had no problems, but the following year, I had to replace two door handles. They literally broke off. I continue to deal with computer program glitches on an annual basis which the dealer has suggested I obtain an updated software from Germany. I have also had to replace the engine mounts shocks only after 80K miles! Mercedes were once known for their durability and QUALITY ABOVE ALL. It seems like too much plastic for a Mercedes. However, it is a fun vehicle to drive, turns on a dime and great first time Benz.

Runs good and nimble for a small vehicle.

Go easy plastic, this isn't a Honda or Toyota for goodness sakes.