Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 320 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Problems, problems, followed by 10 grand
By Benznogood

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This car is an absolute mess. 3 Months and thousands of dollars later I couldn't have bought a bigger lemon. Its falling apart. Supercharger out. ECU out. Having a legal battle with Mercedes over warranty work that should be done, but its not. I'm not so much mad at the car. The Mercedes corporation is awful. What a bunch of no good tightwads. Its has been nothing but an absolute nightmare dealing with them. They refuse to honor their warranty. The car rattles, electronics go out. Oh and to fix ALL the problems they have the audacity to ask for ten thousand dollars. No way. I hope everyone else has a better experience.

Speed when sc works.

almost everything.

REPEATED COSTLY REPAIRS - NIGHTMARE
By WARRENFDS

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

expensive repairs. seat electronics cost $4000. remote key did not work, omni bar changed $1000. Spark plug wires defective recommeded fix $1500. Defective Lower front control arms fix $750. These are not routine maintenance issues but defective manufacturing which I do not expect on a $40,000 german car. Pls do not buy Mercedese if they are not able to guarantee defective products in their vehicles.

Very satisfied
By Jean-Michel

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this 2002 c-240 in October 2009 with only 62,000 Km. 6 months later, the odometer is 82,000 Km and never had any problems with this car. I maintain my car with synthetic oil.

The car feels solid for a 2002.

C230 Sports Coupe is fun to drive
By dannymurph

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sports Coupe 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

We have owned this car for 8+ years and have enjoyed driving the stick shift every mile. Very peppy engine, yet over 30 mpg on the highway. Very good handling.

You've been warned! Don't buy it!
By RLee

2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I bought this car when gas prices were $4 a gallon in Texas. It looked nice, drove well, got good gas mileage and had very low mileage. I thought it would be a great little car for my 75 mile daily round trip. I paid what I thought was a fair price, and my bank even offered to finance more. Since my purchaser, I have replaced or repaired the following (at 29,000 mi): brakes, alternator, radiator, blinker (and not just bulbs-housing), had major electrical problems, automatic rear passenger door, front passenger seat module (drained battery), CD player no longer works, sunroof just went out last week,drivers seat no longer works, steering control no longer works, another blinker went out . .

Good gas mileage; well appointed interior and nice exterior syling. Still look nice, but nothing works well!

Everything mechanical and electrical. I'm not stuck with a car that has another 2 years of payments and is costing me nearly $1,000 every month or two in repairs. How can I get rid of it? I could have had a brand new, under warranty dependable car for what I am paying for this piece of junk.