Used 1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

The Best Of It's Kind......!
By Jeremy

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 92,000 miles on it and the next day i drove it from Dallas, TX back home to Memphis, TN and i was amazed that i made the trip of about 460 miles on one tank of gas. The ride was smooth on comfortable all the way. I've had this car for a year now and not a single problem. This car has a sporty look and a luxury feel, what more could i want. When i give my friend a ride they tell my the ride is solid and smooth and i reply "Hey.... it's a Mercedes" My next car is defiantly a Mercedes.

Seats are super comfortable, excellent climate control, Good handling and very reliable.

The gap between the front seats and the center console, i keep dropping things there and it's hard to get them out.

A wonderful car for 11 years
By Chuck

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

A/C compressor, two engine seals needed replacement....11 years -99,000 miles. It's been a good car to us.

styling, ride, responsiveness

a/c..Could be more powerful in very hot weather...

Best Car I have ever owned in 25 years
By John

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I love this car!!! It has been so reliable I actually can not believe it. I have owned it since new and have never been left at the side of the road. I had a few suspension parts fixed due to pot holes and new tires. Normally only a few hundred $'s every six months for service at MB. Service has been great, but my dealership in Canada is owned by MB. I still have the original exhaust system too, that is something for a salty wintery place. I have planned on replacing it a few times, but I figure why it is paid for and it runs like new. I have owned MB's since I was 16 and this has been the best by far.

Everything you need in a car, handling is great and I love my Sunroof!!!

None, they broke the mould on this car!!

The luxury sedan that withholds.
By Dylan

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I've had the car for 10 years now and it still starts and runs strong everyday. Transmission seems to be going and needs to be looked at. Also I believe my AC compressor needs to be changed. Main vents have suddenly stopped working. I love this car. I've put my heart into it. Also many miles. At 150,000 the car is still perfect for round town and parkway driving. Handles high speeds well and is a great car for any person. Also being a Mercedes it is a classy comfortable luxurious car.

Seats are really comfortable, and love the handling and solid feel of car.

Better transmisions and AC components

Like it but...
By MB Driver

1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '98 C230 Oct. 2006. It has 132,300 mi. It is a good running car. I had to have the transmission repaired at 52,000 mi. An electronic signal caused it to misfire, hence, major damage, $$$. No other significant failures. It doesn't have enough pickup initially, however, once it gets to running it is a smooth ride. AC is awesome in the summer and heater is 'right-on' in the winter. Will definitely purchase another MB when this one is retired.

Smooth ride, classic body style, environmental controls and cost! Great vehicle for the money.

Initially slow moving engine could be improved on.