Used 1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 560-Class model:

My for ever mobile
By Randy

1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 560SEL 4dr Sedan

The history & service records. this car looks like it has never seen salt and has had good care. I'm proud to own it and drive it. It shines like a new dollar. It needs a few minor things that I can get done in due time for a 27 year old car I'm glad to say IT'S MINE!!!

Excellent car.
By Dave Vinod

1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 560SEL 4dr Sedan

560Sel 1991 Mercedes Benz. I have been driving Mercedes Benz for more than twenty five years. Before that for twenty years I used to drive Toyota and Volkswagen van. And this is the best car and the model I have. And I like to keep till I no longer can drive. I am 78 years old. I got the car from my dear friend's wife. She had received the car as a wedding gift from her husband. He was a chairman in the Physics department of Harvard University. It was a one owner car. It was not used for almost six to eight years after his death. One day I visited her. The car was in the garage. I took interest in it. She decided to give it to me. I got it when the car had 158,000 miles. Now it has 210,00 miles. It runs like new. I am very happy with its performance. The cost of repair is reasonable if you find an honest private mechanic who works exclusively on Mercedes and European cars. The dealers are very expensive and older mechanics are hard to find, because most of them have died. At the moment my mechanic said that it has sugar in the gas tank. And the car does not start. And he asked me to buy another car as it will be expensive. I would like to hear from other owners what do their mechanics would say about solving this problem. I am a very proud owner of 560 SEL 1991 Mercedes Car.

Get your Mercedes -Benz on!!
By Duane Corey

1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 560SEC 2dr Coupe

It's a expensive car to repair! The older ones that is! But the car is a hoot to drive/own and I recommend that if you have a little money, I would buy one of these cars! Best investment I have made!

ONE OF THE BEST CARS EVER BUILT
By johnfitch

Safe and reliable .

It is a fun car to drive, comfortable and so smooth.

I bought this car for my dad who insisted on the very best in quality.

My dad recently passed away and unfortunately I now need to sell the car.

Clean and cared for.
Looks and drives like new .

If you know anyone who would appreciate this soon to be classic, they may contact me at

houdini-magic@webtv.net

What's not to like ! I like everything !

I wish it had a cup holder

Rock Solid car
By estate1997

1991 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 560SEL 4dr Sedan

The best of 3 SEL's we have owned over the last 20 years.
Repairs have been regular oil and filter changes , brakes, and one problem window over the last four years.
Our mechanic says ignore the power steering pump leak and live with it.
Fuel mileage is the best we have had. 15 around town and 20 to 22 on longer trips.
We run regular fuel but we don't hot rod it.
I have always purchased around 100K and run them to 200K plus then basically give them away.
Pay extra for good tires. It is worth it in ride and handling.
Look for one that is really clean and cared for. It is worth the search.
Have fun and enjoy it.

Ride and predictable handling. Tight turning radius for a big car.

Cup holder and glove box.