Used 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:

Bought it new and still loving it!
By benzie300SE

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

Parents bought the car new, and it was given to me when I got my permit ten years ago. Rarely gives trouble. If you don't know how to drive it, it can be slow, but hit the top of the accelerator and the car will throw you back in your seat. Best car to get into a wreck in. A TrailBlazer hit me and did a number on the Chevy while leaving me with a scratch. I like this car so much I bought another one, if that tells you anything. The gas mileage is good. I get about 18 in the city w/ A/C on full blast. While I've owned this car, I've owned an AUDI, VW, two BMW's (very needy cars!), and an Infiniti. None, not even the Infiniti, held up like the MB. These cars are built like tanks that last forever.

Huge sunroof. Seats. Turning radius. Ultra smooth ride, and good handling for a huge car. it's built to take what ever you can dish out. Trust me, I got the car when I was 15 years old and it still hasn't skipped a beat! You'll get hypnotized looking at the 3-pointed star while you drive.

One cannot improve perfection

Beautiful Car
By xwingftr

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SE 4dr Sedan

Purchased March '05. My wife's uncle had owned it since new and he was selling while I was looking to replace my daily driver. I've never owned a Mercedes, I don't consider myself a Mercedes person, I'm actually a sports car guy. The car has not dissapointed me. It is very slow getting going from a stop, solid build quality, quiet, simple yet comfortable inside, nice leather and sound system. Did I say slow. Once you're up to highway speeds, the car accelerates and handles much better. It is actually fairly easy to do maintenance on and has been very reliable so far. I just went over 115K and, I'm told, she still has another 200K left! They are solid, feels like you're driving a tank at times.

Solid feel, quiet, response at highway speeds, fuel mileage (21mpg), secure. Very safe car. ABS, air bag, great car!

More low end torque to get the beast going.

Arguably, the best car ever made
By WinstonSmith6076

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

Let me state unequivocally that this is the best ride of any car I've driven, BMW, Jaguar, Lincoln, etc. There is a reason the Mercedes has the reputation of being a great car, and this model is why. I bought my 300e from a friend who drove it for seven years as the second owner. This car now has 167,000 miles and handles as if it were on rails. It still has the OEM supension but I did upgrade to Yokihama performance tires. Paint and interior leather are like new, except for one quarter-sized bit of rust. The engine does leak oil as you'll find on the bulletin boards, but car and maintenance will resolve that issue.

This car has every option, but the best feature is the engineering of the ride. Eight hour trips are a relaxing day in this car, something to look forward to.

I was told by several mechanics that the 300 series was the most popular ever, and therefore, parts are plentiful and inexpensive. Despite the inexpensive parts, repairs are a bit costly because of the labor. Find an independent mechanic if you can.

300D
By alex

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

I bought a 300D a few months ago and I think it is one of the best cars you can get. It is the most reliable car I have ever had. It's a little bit slow but the comfort makes up for it. If you're looking for a good car that is cheap on insurance it is the way to go.

Love my Benz
By Fundir

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300SEL 4dr Sedan

Just bought this 300SEL about a month ago from the original owner who was friend. It never saw snow or bad weather so it was in great shape. After driving, Park Avenues, Lincolns, Cadillacs and Chryslers I find this the best out of them all. I find myself leaving the new DeVille in the garage and driving this. I cannot believe how quiet this car is and how roomy it is. We just got back from a day trip with friends and they couldn;t get over how quiet the interior is and how no road noise could be heard inside. After a couple of hours of driving none of us were horse from trying to talk over the road noise you get from most cars. I definitely plan on keeping this car for a long time.

Roominess, quiet at highway speeds, simple elegence of the whole car. You do not need to be a rocket scientist to be able to run this car.

More horsepower.