Used 2008 Mazda Tribute SUV Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Horrible Car
By chase11

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV i Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a brand new 2008 Tribute a little over 2 years ago, in the past year I have had problem with faulty valve stems on 3 of the tires, peeling plastic and paint on the exterior, sealing problems with the doors and back window hatch, and just today the driver door almost completely came off! I had to lift the door up and push it in just to get it shut good enough to drive home. I have never had so many car troubles in my life until I bought a mazda. My advice...look elsewhere!

I like the sporty look of the vehicle, thats about the only good thing I can say about it.

Major design defects need to be fixed. Issues can possible give a products liability claim to the manufacturer.

Lousy Gas Mileage
By barbeehd

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 2002 tribute, V6 for this car and am disappointed in the MPG. It is worse than my 2002 and is a 4 cyl. Its nice looking but I wanted better MPG than I am getting. I may trade it in sooner than later.

the cloth seats are great. Nice change from the leather I had which was too hot.

Needs more numbers on the speedometer. I can't see quickly if I am at 40 or 50.

I like it so far
By spk151

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV s Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've put almost 1,000 miles on my 2008 Mazda Tribute. The Good: I love the looks white with black trim and tinted rear windows. It has performed adequately so far with no problems. It has decent acceleration at 200HP, while handling like a car and gets almost as good fuel economy as my 1999 Chevy Malibu (V6). The interior is roomy in both front and back seats. The complaints: Mazda claims to have a college graduate incentive program, but they do not in the USA. I'm not thrilled with the speedometer as it only displays in multiples of 20MPH, I guess writing in multiples of 10 would be too hard??? I do get a lot of reflection from the white hood. All-in-all I would buy it again.

I like the boxy SUV styling unlike the CX7. 6 disk CD changer, tow package, and MP3 jack are wonderful. Car-like handling with raised seating platform. Comfortable front and rear seating. Ability to fold down rear seats (This is my first SUV). Lots of safety features.

More numbers on the speedometer. Make the steering wheel adjustment easier to find. More power/better fuel economy (already improved for 2009). Go back to front and rear disc brakes. Readout for fuel remaining/average gas mileage. Standard mud guards on 4wd models. Built in cargo net hooks

downgrades
By gliptone

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

i had a 2002 .that model had a sunroof pop up wind deflector 2008 does not 2002 had dual tone horns 2008 does not2002 had rear drum brakes this 2008 still does.rides better than 2002 corners not as well.

safety features.leather seats.ride

rear disc brakes,dual horn ,sunroof pop up wind deflector

BEWARE of TRANSMISSION COOLER Problems
By Michelle

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have constantly had problems with our tribute. The transmission cooler leaks. Actually I believ the component is recalled. We had it fixed once but the problem is still there. Beware if you plan to buy a Mazda tribute. If you live in the northwest territories make sure you can service the truck in the northwest territories. I have had to drive to grand praire Alberta so they can service the truck and look at the tranny leak. They said it was fine but the leak is still there. Mazda Canada said that I would have to always drive to grand praire to get it serviced escpecially if it was a warranty part. We payed from our own pockets $700.00. Mazda Canada reinbursed us $94.00. Beware

NONE