Used 2003 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Mazda Tribute

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Gas Guzzler
By steve

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle while scoring very high ratings is a stone cold gas guzzler. It barely gets 14 mpg. The ride is pretty rough and if you are tall with the sunroof addition you feel very cramped. The all wheel drive works well and for the most part the car has been problem free. I would never buy another Tribute though I would seriously consider buying another Mazda.

A Few Problems
By Drex

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far I've had to change the alternator. Replacement was done at the dealer (ouch) so I was given an OEM alternator with a whopping 1 yr/12,000 mile warranty. Nice going there. The shifter gets in the way too much. I notice if you put the SUV in park, it still has a tendency to roll a bit after you take your foot off the brake. Even after fixing the recalled accelerator cable, the SUV still has a tendency to lurch forward when taking your foot off the accelerator. Rear liftgate hatch has broken and won't lock. Cost of repair is over $300. High highway noise, not so good gas mileage, not pleased with Mazda overall.

Small SUV.

Move shifter, fix accelerator issues, more comfortable seats.

Great Car
By Sondra

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Except for new tires this almost 4 year old SUV has been wonderful.

Comfortable.

Would like to have had a double visor- had one in my Pontiac and liked using this feature. Also would like cup holder to keep hot or cold.

Best car on the road for the price
By carrie dunnam

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have always driven Mercedes - this is the best car I have ever owned - I drive 110 miles a day and it has been a wonderful car. The shift is on the column - probably the space would be less and I would lose those nifty pockets in the dash if it was on the floor.

The sporty design and the pick up - I like the way it has extra pockets in the dashboard for cell phone and business cards.

I'm in heaven
By Cheri Belcher

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first time to make a large purchase on my own. After I saw my Tribute it was all done but the signing. I have a bad knee and wear a brace so it was very hard getting in and out of a small car, especially a stick shift. That clutch was killing my knee. Now I feel like a Queen and I can just slide right in and out of my new baby! And no clutch... Whoopee. The heated leather seats are better than "sliced bread" . I have to watch my speedometer because she runs so smooth my speed will sneak up on me. Of course my 7 grand kids all have different rules now. No feet in the seats, no food and no drinks, I've become Grandma the Grouch..LOL. Anyway, I love my new baby.

Favorite features, let me see...heated mirrors and leather seats, power moon roof, anti-theft engine immobilizer, and EVERYTHING IS ELECTRIC. Don't ya just love it? This is better than my home...LOL. All I need is my coffee! Love it Love it Love it.

Put in a small kitchen just big enough for my coffee pot. Otherwise everything is great. Love it.