Used 2003 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Mazda Tribute

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Save Your Money
By Rozy

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Buyer beware... save your money. This was the first car I bought new and was in love with it until the second day I had it and it wouldn't start. The car went back to the dealrship 5 times for this problem and they had no idea what was wrong, just started to change wires to play guess and check. My car shut down on the highway because the alternator went at 30,000 miles. Then my transmission went at 50,000 (no longer under warranty). Mazda won't do anything to rectify the piece of junk they sold me! They are not helpful and said these problems were my fault. 2 days old and broken... not my fault. This car is a heap of junk for all the problems it caused.

Nice looking and very roomy.

Make it reliable!!

Great SUV
By ******

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this vehicle for the past 5 years and love it. After 110,000 miles, it just got its 3rd set of tires (originals lasted 64,000 mi) and only other maintenance was oil changes. It snows here practically daily from Dec-Apr and my Tribute gets through all of it with no problem. Have another, larger SUV in the household, but take the Tribute when it snows. Gas mileage is just ok, but I can get 24 mpg on the highway if I watch my speed.

Love the way it handles, and it's got lots of room. Lots of space in front seats for cell phones, and other necessities.

It could be a little quieter.

Mazda Tough, Mazda Reliable
By odydapogi

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Rough, reliable sporty. The best SUV. An all rounder. Very very reliable.

Styling better than any other.

Column shift too long.

Very Good for Family
By Mark

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have had very good success with our Tribute. The 6 cylinder engine has sufficient power and acceleration. We previously owned a RAV4 and this vehicle is roomier, handles better and has more power, without sacrificing too much fuel economy.

The engine. It is both powerful and relatively economical in fuel consumption.

The instrument panel is very basic and lacks refinement.

The SUV I Always Wanted
By JessieHope

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Tribute. I wanted a smaller SUV and looked at several makes (Jeep, Ford, etc.) before deciding on the Tribute. It has great cargo space and the area around the driver is comfortable and very well laid out. The gear shift is on the steering column which took a little getting used to but now I love it. It opens up the console as more usable space. There are plenty of well designed cup holders and a flat floor across the back seat, making this the perfect ride for roadtrips. Even with 5 adults it's comfy.