Used 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

more fun for the money
By paprika

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my MX5 for 6 months now, and I am in love with it! The new body style is definitely eye catching.It performs great and corners fantastic. I must admit though I did expect better gas mileage with the a/c on, but it more than makes up for that in the fun category.

Zoom-zoom.

Better gas mileage, less interior noise, top latch rattles intermittently.

why did I wait so long?
By rick s

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned pick-up trucks for the past 20+ years, but have had my eye on one since the redesign. I bought it three weeks ago, and have spent the better part of the past three weekends driving around Arizona. Drove it up Oak Creek Canyon in Sedona the first weekend, and had so much fun, drove back down and up again. Absolutely, the most fun I have ever had driving. Added satellite radio, and now I don't want to get out of it. Averaged 38.9 mpg last weekend around Flagstaff (the altitude?) Do yourself a favor, and buy one before the world runs out of oil. Thanks, Edmunds.

Easy-to-operate top; incredible handling; good acceleration; ergonomic interior layout; very comfortable seats (though it's an exercise to get my 6 foot, 245 pound frame in and out); great exterior design.

Teach whoever writes the diagrams for Mazda accessories how to count. Bought a mask. Directions say to remove front four fasteners inside each wheel well. Spent 30 minutes and bent two clips before I looked at the diagram, which showed five fasteners had to be removed. Cost $6.75 to replace them.

LOVE this car
By Karen

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda MX5. My husband bought it for my 40th Birthday. My husband is 6'6 and it is the only convertible on the market that he can actually drive and ride in. We bought an automatic with the manual shifting paddles on the steering wheel. He loves that and I love the automatic. The top is so easy to put up and down you can do it while sitting in the car. The trunk is HUGE, unlike most convertibles. The Mazda is so fun to drive, the wheels really stick when going around corners. While going 80mph the RPM's barely hit 3000. While driving the inside is quiet no wind noise or rattles. We love our Mazda MX5!

Top is easy to put down and up. Trunk is big. Love the way it looks. Sharp!

My 3rd and best Miata, um...MX-5
By Bran

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is simply amazing. I have owned two Miatas (a 95 M and the 99 10AE) making this my third. It is great! The ride is better, the performance is better, the steering wheel even tilts now! I look forward to every morning so I can get up and drive.

I really like the new top. The previous cover was a pain. The HIDs are a must have also. The keyless go is a great feature as well.

Nothing much, just that the piano black interior trim scratches a little too easily.

Awesome MX-5
By J. Bednarz

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have only had my MX-5 for about a week, but can honestly say I have never had a car that I enjoyed driving more. I have had a lot of compliments on my Copper Red car and, in my opinion, is the best-looking affordable sports car on the road. It's got a lot of pep and corners nicely. I certainly got my money's worth and more! Love my car!

The new 2006 body style. The interior design of the dashboard. Hot red copper color. Awesome 17 inch wheels. Gorgeous car!

A little extra padding on the arm rests on the door would be nice. Just a little too hard for longer drives. (I use the arm rest all the time.)