Used 2003 Mazda MPV Minivan Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

5 yrs & 50K miles
By Lynda Marie

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new and still love the van. None of the problems some others on this site seem to have; just new tires, oil changes and recommended maint. Still getting 20 mpg in town and about 25-26 hwy. (Yes, I do drive it nicely - most of the time.) Excellent size for running around town and adequate storage space for trips.

Size, reliability (so far), decent gas milage, ease of exit/entrance (for grandpartents!), easy flip over rear seat.

Nothing major. I realize a minivan is never going to be a Ferrari. Zoom-zoom???

One solid family mover
By X

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van new 3 years ago and 50K miles later we have had no problems. This is very refreshing after our last van, a 98 Windstar was one problem after another. Pick-up is adequate. It cruises down the highway very well.

Reliablity and dependability, nothing but oil changes and tires so far. Keyless entry and remote doors are a must for people with young children, so you can get the little ones out of the parking lot and into the van. I also like the size of this van. All other vans are a lot like a school bus

Fold away middle row seats. Also the factory tires were too performance based and should have been all weather.

Mazda MPV
By Antoinette Johnson

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan LX-SV 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed my van a lot. I prefer to drive it more than my other car. The ride is smooth, and it is very reliable.

Leather interior.

Not very happy
By Pauline

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had to replace 2 coils? # 4 and #6, at 275.00 each time! Brakes went fast and had calibers sticking. Several electronic issues, and some aesthetics like air conditioner flows right into the steering wheel, and it is a weak cool air system. Electric doors don't shut at the most inappropriate times.

Back windows go down, and the price was about $5000 lower, but it seems I am paying for it now.

Coils? what the heck? Use a freaking distributor cap - why am I paying each time a coil goes bad!~ AWFUL VAN and would never use another Mazda again, back to Toyota I go.

Hello shop
By mom3anddog

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my MVP new, tired of going to the shop with my old car. 3 kids wanted a new vehicle so I would only go in for regular maintenance. Sliding doors would not stay shut first few months, started shifting hard (been in 3 or 4 times in the last three years), Brake pads 1st year, brake pads-rotate rotors 2nd year, end of stabilizing bar replaced, doesn't want to come out of park sometimes (actually told I needed to put my foot on the brake to take out of gear - automatic - been driving for 20 years). Been in the shop now 3 times in 5 days to fix the lack of power, missing, was vacuum hose.

Sliding doors and windows, temperature control in rear, fold away rear seats, sliding middle seat, extra large windshield fluid.

Gear shift is the way of center controls, better lumbar support, drink holder & heating controls in back need separated, fix the shifting problems and brake issues