Used 2002 Mazda Millenia Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Mazda Millenia

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

Absolutely love my car!!
By Brooke

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my car. I have owned this car for approximately 2 years and have loved every minute of it. This car rides like a dream. It is probably the smoothest riding car that I have ever been in, with the exception of a Lincoln Town car.

I love everything about the interior. It really gives you the feeling that you are being pampered.

The paint is chipping on the driver's side mirror but that is all. Maybe slightly more power. I have contacted Mazda and requested that they begin making the Millenias again.

Will miss it!
By Lin

2002 Mazda Millenia S Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

They don't make them anymore. Best car I have had and I've been buying new cars since 1973.

Bose stereo system. Simple and elegant. Comfy leather interior.

why did they stop making it? Had a 626 prior, have no desire for the Mazda6.

Japanese Ford
By Tyrone

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

No problems since purchase 18 months ago. Only pay for oil and gas. Get 26 mpg usually. In Florida summer drops to 24 with AC on full time. Real nice, you don't pass yourself often. Don't have turbo or supercharger, get it if you can. Just wish I hadn't paid as much at dealership. Not Fair & Square as advertised.

Style.

Better performance, gas mileage.

Lemon?
By kahuna

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Millenia new in 2002. Had problems with it from beginning. It is the white with gold bottom. Loved all the extras for the price. Very loud interior road noise. So bad you can't talk on cell. Engine light problems early on, caused by Mazda requiring premium fuel--which they later revised--but not until they had to work on the engine 5 times! Very tough dealing with Mazda. I read other reviews about how quiet theirs are. I wonder if we're talking about the same car. I even bought new tires that are supposed to be known for their quiet ride. When those didn't help, I realized it was the car. I'm glad all the others are satisfied. It was a lot of car for the price, but a lemon!

Extras, i.e., leather seats, power seats for driver and passenger, tilt steering wheel, sunroof, lumbar control.

Jerky transmission, interior road noise, more comfortable front seats, lumbar control for passenger.

A car worth to own
By Hasham

2002 Mazda Millenia S Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this car after driving a Maxima and Lexus ES. The instant I saw it I was in love with this car. It's sporty, slick and luxury. It has more bells and whistles than other premium cars of its age. Super reliable in maintenance, nice smooth acceleration, great dash and interior lights. It is certainly an eye catcher car. All my friends want to buy it from me but I am not going to sell it.

In dash cd, tachometer, comfy seats, smooth fast pick and automatic steering shift. An excellent car all and all.

Road noise is an issue to me but I haven't owned a single car yet in which I didn't. Driver seat doesn't go very far back making a person with a big stomach feel crammed.