Used 2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

View reviews for a specific Mazdaspeed 3 model:

Mazda makes your heart go zoom-zoom
By Secret McSecretson

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the second Mazda I have owned, and I cannot say enough good things about them. I cannot say I am a fan of paying 600 dollars for 18" tires, but I can say that I am a fan of enormous brake rotors, so it balances out. If you are looking for a bargain performance car, then you cannot beat this one. I was really looking for a wagon, which meant my options were this and the Subaru WRX. This car outperformed the WRX in acceleration and braking (I cannot say that I had a good test of handling on my test drives). The interior design on the WRX also could not compare with the Mazda. I love this car, and I can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun drive.

263 HP, 280 lbft. Superb handling.

Less restrictive intake and exhaust (why not 280+ HP?). All wheel drive!

Awesome!
By nice

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been on numerous trips with this fantastic and unbelievable car. I have been to Brooklyn, San Diego, Houston, Miami, and even to the coast of Mexico, but I live in Atlanta! This car takes my son to football practices/games, and my daughter to dance practices/competitions.I love it.

I love the horsepower and the interior. I like to get up and go with speed and this car allows me to do so. The inside is beautiful. I would seriously recommend it.

None! Thats how great it is.

I love mine
By Shel

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Even after 8 months I still can't really find anything that I don't love about this car. It's fast, and fun to drive while being economical and roomy. It's almost like being in a small suv size wise, but with the heart of a racer. All of my friends and family are impressed with it, and people in parking lots have stopped to ask me questions about it. My brother actually purchased his 2008 pearl white one yesterday. We now have a family of Mazda Speed3s.

It's in the name. Speed. It's fast. It gets me there, and quickly.

The stuff in the back. The jack and tire iron rattle. Have to do something about that, it drives me crazy.

Another one...
By Tegronin

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. THIS is what sport- compacts are all about. The small size makes for easy parking, the interior is functional and has great space effiicency. the engine is always there, torque steer is minimal and easily controlled once you adjust to the car. The car needs very little from the manufacturer, and it comes with floor mats!

Power band. The low torque peak with such a high peak number allows easy driving in any gear, even up hill at 70 mph with the cruise on, you'd never know it. Take a few twisty roads and learn how it pulls, how the body roll works, best FWD auto-x ever.

Twin clutch transmission with paddle shifters. Wider stock wheels/tires (215s just not enough for this output).

Perfect Blend
By Mazda Man

2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After a long period of test driving cars I finally decided the Mazda was for me. It's just got everything I need and want. Plenty of room for all my stuff, good gas mileage and has plenty of power. Step on the gas and you feel an invisible wave of torque moving you along. Bottom end, top end, there's always plenty of power. The handling is extraordinary, probably handles as well as some rwd cars. Torque steer is alive but manageable. Keeping all the power in check are the powerful brakes, the steering is responsive and provides lots of feedback. All this performance and fun and still enough room for everything you own. This car is an amazing mixture of all you need.

The power and the feeling of the turbo pushing you along. The way it handles with minimal understeer and roll. Controls all placed perfectly. GPS. The transmission thats slick with short and close throws. The way the car looks wheather moving fast or standing still while everyone admires it.

Being picky here but I just dont like the interior design at all. Torque steer off launch can be a little crazy. No sunroof. Power ends at 5k rpms.