Used 2014 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Too tall!
By stush

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Good car. I'm tall so getting in an out of car was tricky.

Expensive to maintain
By Jennifer

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

When my car was just a year old the air quit. Had to take it in three times before getting it repaired. MY BSM blind spot monitoring quit at around 18 months. $1300 to fix. This week I discovered that the finosh on my "premium rims" is peeling off. Very disappointed in the car. Maintaining the things that go wrong are expensive.

Get the base model iSport with 6 speed manual !
By Tito

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Absolutely no frills.
Cloth seats and a stick.
Just what I was looking for.
Not terribly quick until your put a tuned cold air intake and a performance exhaust in it.
Now it's very quick. These two add ons do not void the warranty and cost a mere $ 690 installed-highly recommedend
Everyone is sniveling about the crummy touchscreen and electronics.
I didn't want any of it.
I wanted to drive
Great looking sexy exterior- Kodo design is a game changer in the boring world of affordable midsize sedans.

Great car, with a few caveats.
By kevin s

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Well, the complaints here are still the same, so are the items I praised. The seats are still uncomfortable for me. I have been through 4 Bluetooth modules and the I-pod still is inconsistent. The SMS texting feature hasn't worked in about a year. And Mazda tells me they don't have a fix.

I'm 6'3" and the front seats are not comfortable for me. The shoulder area specifically causes me a lot of pain. I inflated the lumbar support to the max and it helps, a little.

The I-pod function is laughable. When I purchased it my I-pod worked, albeit illogically. Every single time I started up I-pod function it would default to the very first song on the I-pod (alphabetically); stupid. Then after about a month it wouldn't read my I-pod at all. I took it back and the dealership said it was functioning properly. They suggested I use a different I-pod. I wanted to suggest they buy me a different I-pod, but didn't. I did have another one in the family and traded it. The second one worked, again with the stupid alphabetical default.

This past January the Bluetooth module needed to be replaced, the car wasn't reading any I-pod or phone.

Now, as of last week, the I-pod doesn't work at all. I have tried charging it, have tried connecting it to my computer, to I-tunes, nothing works. So I paid for a feature that not only works illogically, it didn't consistently connect with one I-pod and fried another.

We will see how next weeks service visit goes.

The car looks great - exterior and interior. The fit and finish are great. The mileage is great. It is loud and it rides firm. This, I am told, is in keeping with the ZoomZoom philosopy of Mazda. The exterior noise is probably more in keeping with keeping weight low to increase mileage. All I know is that my Corvette C5 and old Pontiac G8 were quieter and rode more comfortably and quietly. They were both better handling, as they were RWD.

Overall I like the 6 i-GT. But those problems I mentioned occur evertime I ride in the car. They are things that can't be fixed.

Has spoiled me for other vehicles
By mazguy14

2014 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love car shopping, so when the lease on my 2010 Mazda6 Touring was up, I made the rounds to midsize dealers. The Mazda/Kia/Nissan dealer offered me a better deal on a beautiful, well-equipped Kia Optima, easily the best-looking sedan this side of a Jaguar XE. So I drove it, but when I got to the corners, I noticed the Optima's handling was worse than my 2010 6. I paid a bit more for a soul red Mazda6 with the sand leatherette interior, and I agree with the car magazine editors who love its driving characteristics. With the optional tech package (a must) one gets the Bose stereo, navigation, blind spot monitoring, bluetooth, back-up camera, etc.). No issues after 20 months. Update after 32 months: Stellar fuel mileage (36 highway with 80mph speed limit). Comfortable seats. Exceptional handling. Nice automatic transmission (no CVT for Mazda), but I miss the V6. Road noise a bit of an issue, but no worse than the Accord. Bose stereo merely adequate. I doubt I would lease a newer one, since I want a car with a smooth V6. (No, Mazda, putting the turbo 4 from the CX-9 into a 2017 6 is not going to entice me). Furthermore, I dislike the new (since 2015) interior design with tacked-on infotainment screen. I only hope I can find a car that I enjoy driving as much as this Mazda6. If only I could afford to lease a Jaguar XE.