Used 2010 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Great Car
By slademt

2010 Mazda 6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The Mazda 6 2.5L has 170 horse power and 167 pound feet of torque.
The 4 cylinder is pretty nimble.
It accelerates the car from 0-60 in 7.9 seconds at it fastest.
I think that is pretty good for a 4 cylinder engine that is not turbo charged.
I am averaging 24 city and 33 highway in gas mileage. I bought the Touring Plus trim brand new for $22,514.
The cars MSRP brand new was $24,625.
The dealership gave me a good deal.
The car is comfortable and fun to drive. My husband has the 3.7L Mazda 6 and that one is even more fun to drive.
The car seems to be designed well.
I have owned the car for 4 months now and I have not had any issues.
I feel the car will be reliable.

The car locks automatically once car passes 10 m/h. Love the gauge lights. The lights are a combination of blue, red and white. The blind spot monitoring system is awesome. The 5 star crash test rating gives a sense of safety. The car handles curves very well. The gas mileage is good. The seats are comfortable. Love the antitheft alarm system.

I would suggest that mazda build a more powerful 4 cylinder egine that puts out 190 to 200 horse power, but still gets good gas mileage. That would make the 4 cylinder mazda 6 even more fun to drive. Include the Xenon lights in the Touring Plus trim. .

new mazda
By Anonymous

2010 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, huge interior, looks great, feels super smooth from the shifts to the ride.

transmission feels really smooth eben in manual mode, sound system, exhaust sound

a boost in horsepower would be really appreciated for the 4cyl engine... it responds great but those extra ponnies would live up to the zoom zoom spirit.

No comfort at all
By vvv

2010 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Seat cannot be moved all the way back. I am 5'10" and even then I would need to move the seat at least 5" back to have my legs not too much bended. Ironically, they sell this car as sporty one. Next, I cannot reach the steering wheel when laying back even a little bit. Again, you don't drive any car completely upright like a tractor. Now, when I am upright, the steering wheel covers the view of instrument table. If I want to see the table, I must move the wheel all the way up and that really looks like driving a tractor. Overall, not being able to sit comfortably in this car makes me problems on long trips due to my sensitive back. 24mpg at 65mph without A/C. That's ridiculous.

Both it for external design. Didn't want to see yet another Accord around. My mistake... Amber lights 205 tires with enough clearance to use snow chains Lights turn off automatically, not bothering with beeping if left on.

Distances from seat to pedals and steering wheel, the height of the seat and the height of steering wheel are so wrong. It looks like its taken from some 1950 car. So wrong positioned. High-short beam handle should be one command(not two positions) Air to the back seat? USB? Many,many others...

Great Car for the Money
By DanR

2010 Mazda 6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I would recommend this car to anyone, without hesitation. Have been extremely happy with the features and how solid the build quality has felt so far. Where I am from, there really are very few of these cars around, so it stands out in the crowd of all the other sedans. Has great safety marks as well as being roomy enough for everything I need.

Style, solid build, safety, decent 4 cyl performance and ride

Better speaker, microphone on the Bluetooth hands free does not seem powerful enough

Good car
By RHB

2010 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Have had car now for three months. Nice car to drive. Had a manual 1988 626 previously for 23 years and that car, even old, gave much better mileage (27 city, 35 hwy) than this car; probably due to all the added built in features on 6. One cannot choose options as in old days. Performance ok now, cannot judge reliability after 3 months--maybe in 3 years. Appearance is good, trunk nice and big. Could only get black interior with manual and shows dirt quickly; Mazda should provide more interior options with this style. Seats are hard, lumbar feature not as useful for me as my old 626, wrong position. Good car with advanced features but old 626 was much sportier with better gas mileage

Performance, exterior appearance, trunk size

Seats hard, choices of interior color, lumbar support poor and needs to be improved. Black plastic is chintzy looking. Poor gas mileage