Used 2007 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Solid and Reliable
By Juan

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in June 2007. Now its Feb 2010 and 45,000 miles later I only have praise for this car. Solid and Reliable. I bough new tires at 40k and also a new battery at around 34k. Other than that, I have never taken this car to the shop. Still rides and looks like new. I would buy it again. I have owned a couple other new cars before, and they all had minor problems after 2 years (power windows broken, gas pump failure, etc). Not this one. The quality of this car is superb.

6 CD changer. Steering wheel controls. Outside looks.

Audio input jack for stereo.

Fantastic Car
By Charles

2007 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Mazda 6 hatchback new in 2008. I did a lot of research on this car before deciding to buy it. It had everything I needed. Comfort is top notch. Performance is a 10. The touring trim level is very well put together. Between the hatch and the fold down seats it's amazing what you can fit in this car. I've owned many a Honda and Toyota... Reliability is as good as Honda or Toyota with better interiors. If you want "Vanilla" buy a Toyota. Personally, I'll take two scoops of "Zoom Zoom" over vanilla any day.

What's not to like? The hidden hatch. The heated seats. The sporty suspension. The 5 speed gear box that keeps you in the power band.

A sixth gear would've been nice. The gears are designed for torque and the car cruises at 70 at about 3k rpm.

Right on Target
By Eric

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the 6 in March 07 after much research. After almost 3 years we all agree it has been an excellent car. 33MPG on warm highway trips at 65-70 mph. Typical 22-23 urban mix year-round driving. It has needed only oil changes and tire rotations at the local dealer. If you want blistering acceleration, buy another car, like a new V6 Mazda 6 or a Mazdaspeed 6. If you only occasionally use the back seat for adults, it is fine. If I carried tall adults in back on a daily basis, I probably would choose the new Mazda 6 or a Malibu.

It is fun to drive and light on its feet. Good brakes, steering, handling and acceleration. Excellent reliability. Excellent driver interfaces and climate controls.

None that I can think of, I did my research on my priorities and this car nailed it. For me a Camry or Accord was too big and too boring. I am SO glad I bought this car. I will keep it a long time.

Great Value
By Mike

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car new November 07. Love the way the car handles and rides. Have had no mechanical issues; just oil changes and tire rotations. These cars are very under rated and the Camry/Accord crowd will not consider this ride due to the perception that Toyota and Honda make a superior product. In my opinion that is their lost. This is not a car for people who want interior room. It is smaller than my son's 5 Altima; but I knew that when I made the purchase. I actually like this model more than the new 6. My gas mileage is around 30 in the summer and srops to about 27/28 when it gets cold and we get the winter gas formulation.

Handling, ride, 6 disc cd and wheels.

No complaints; I knew what I purchased and was happy then and I'm happy now. I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat.

Just not that into you
By Mark

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car around a year ago. Before buying the car I did read a lot of reviews. Three things stick out in the Mazda 6 I have found to be true. 1) the road noise is very obvious 2) the car seats are not comfortable 3) the interior is nice, but is made of much lower quality than Toyota or Honda. I have had a lot of trouble with the rims. The low profile style, creates the perfect storm for bending or cracking a rim. Which I have already done twice. If I could do it all over again I would not buy Mazda at all. Instead (unfortunately) I would go with a Nissan, Honda or Toyota.

My Favs, would be the gas mileage and the fact that I do not feel like a 50 year old driving what my parents drive.