Used 2006 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Great Car, think I got a lemon!
By The Mazda 6 Fan

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Researched two years prior to buying. Handles like a BMW 3 series, but not close to the hp of one. Never enjoyed driving a car this much before. It tackles corners perfectly, gets good gas mileage, and looks spectacular. Overall a great car but I've it in for service at least 6 times over the 9 months I've owned it. Nothing major, just this annoying tweedle noise from under the car that they couldn't find. This last time I think they fixed the problem. They had to replace the catalyst converter.

Red interior lighting, classy/sporty exterior profile, controls on steering wheel, sound system, handling, cornering ability, trunk space, 17" wheels, manual shift mode on auto transmission.

More hp from 4 cylinder engine, 6 cd in dash changer should be standard, doors should auto-lock when accelerating, all-wheel door should be optional on models other than the Speed 6 edition, more rear legroom. Also, I would like an info center that provides gas mileage, oil levels, etc.

Grand Sport
By dano100

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased 2 days ago after trading in an '06 Civic (that had many issues) and am extremely impressed with this car. It was a leftover '06 that I got for almost $9000 off. It is not the fastest in its segment but handles better than anything in its class. And I know about handling (previous cars: Toyota Supra, Nissan 300ZX, Miata, Honda S2000, an Acura CL and TL). I just can't get over how cheap the interiors are getting on most of the mainstream cars today. The quality of the materials Mazda still puts in the 6 is to be applauded. My only concern about this car is the durability of the engine, being a Ford block, but only time will tell. Right now at $9000 off this is the best car for the money.

Handling, HID headlights, Bose/Sirius audio, 18" wheels.

Power passenger seat, memory seat/mirrors, more interior room.

You have to love the Zoom Zoom
By Aaron

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Amazing car. Responsive, agile, and fun to drive - stock. I have gotten numerous comments on the car, at the bank, grocery store, etc. Its distinctive styling and acceleration make this a car to be proud of wherever you go. You really have to watch your speed in this car. I have found myself creep up to 90+ on the freeway without noticing it. After owning my Mazda6 only 18 days, I was struck from behind while sitting at a stoplight. The other driver hit us at 50 mph. Our Mazda held up amazingly well with relatively minor damage considering the impact - and no frame damage!

Styling, Zoom Zoom - that knowledge when you start at the bottom of the onramp, even if it's a steep uphill, you'll be at freeway speed in a blink.

Rear defroster turns off after short period - well before the ice melts off.

Best car ever
By tom chandler

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Throughly satisfied with this vehicle. Have 4k miles and I have no problems so far. Very fast with the V6 and a nice throaty sound when the pedal is down...otherwise very quiet. Comfortable seating and powerful headlights. Only negative are the controls for the heater/ac are too complicated and should go back to manual dials rather than the digital readout. The 17" tires/rims are sharp. Get many compliments on the sporty style - looks like a sports car but has the 4 doors for convenience.

Sports car appearance at a VERY reasonable price.

Simplify the heater/ac controls.

Great Sports Sedan
By Michtom

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 6 months now, and am still loving it. I wanted something sporting/fun to drive with great acceleration and handling, but needed 4 doors and room for 4 kids. In the Mazda6, I got a sweet revving V6 engine (Ford Duratec) with a manual transmission - a combo that is getting hard to find in a midsize sedan. Handling is great - flat cornering, quick steering and excellent braking. The ride is firm but not harsh. I still smile every time I get an open twisty road in front of me. Also has well laid-out interior, good size trunk, comfortable & supportive seats, great stereo, and looks great. I looked for a used one, but they hold their value so well I decided to buy a new one.

Remote window express down (from key fob), rear seat fold-down levers at back of trunk (no bending/reaching), intuitive & well laid out interior. Very fun to drive, with subtle good looks that make me look back at it every time I walk away. Low sale price (good rebates), and great resale value.

Nothing comes to mind.