Used 2006 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Great Value
By Dave

2006 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For around 15 grand, this is a lot of car. I got the base model with a manual transmission. Performance is OK considering it's a four cylinder, but the fun factor is increased by the great handling. I've been able to get up to 32 mpg in mixed driving, mostly highway commuting. I've had to take it in twice for minor emissions problems that triggered the check engine light, all fixed under warrantee. I swapped in a sport grille to make it look a little more sporty, and really am happy with my choice after 10 months with it.

Steering wheel mounted stereo and cruise controls.

Amazing Purchase
By mazdanola

2006 Mazda 6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We recently bought a 2006 Mazda6 5-door after it came off a 12 month lease. The first year of depreciation on these is pretty steep and would recommend buying one a year old if you can, we got a $27,000 car for $21,000 by doing this, and it's flawless condition with only 25,000 miles. We park on the street and love it because it has the versatility of an SUV but the packaging of a car. It's sporty, fun to drive and exceedingly comfortable, so far we love it!

The interior is fabulous, and the exterior is super sharp, especially the 18 inch rims. It rides firm but soaks up the bumps.

Make the mirrors foldable!

Don't overlook Mazda
By Zak

2006 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Grip, a fist full. Punch this car in the mouth and it takes it. I drive hard. It takes it as well as any honda or toyota. Yes I did have a cracked pre-cat to fix at 4000 miles but nothing is perfect. these things happen. The warranty took care of it. When you get a new car, drive her hard. Get the kinks out. I'm extremely pleased. 9000 miles so far.

The handling, oh my, the grip. Get some wider perfomance tired and you can run with the WRXes in the canyons.

Simplify the climate controls. Better quality seats. Firmer, more supportive.

Worthy of the best of the best crown
By couleeman

2006 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm now on my fourth Mazda6, and after over 100K miles collectively, this car fits me like my favorite pair of jeans. This latest version is an 06 Sport V6 manual sedan with only the Sunroof/Bose pkg. This car is loaded with convenience, utility, style, comfort, competence, and efficiency. It's equally at home in city traffic or in the backcountry and is deceptively fast and always under control (unless you are doing something profoundly stupid!). All of this probably sounds like gushing but keep in mind, my car sold for <20K brand new- EXCEPTIONAL VALUE! Ive left home to buy BMW 325 but each time, I've come home with a new Mazda6. No regrets, no problems, a sincere thank you Mazda!

Super smooth but responsive ride and drivetrain - particularly w/17" wheels. I get 27 mpg consistently! The styling, quiet sunroof, good size and proper seating, HVAC is top notch, loads of storage. This car, for the money, is a tremendous value!

I'd like stability control. Bose scores 6 out of 10. Leather isnt exactly premium 6/10, cloth is better 8/10 (wears slightly). Interior trim 7/10 but I am content with 06 changes (miss my chrome!). Needs an iPod input (google "auxmod" for the fix). Hey Mazda, build a 6 coupe and I WILL buy!

Great Car, Great Price
By Dano

2006 Mazda 6 s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was a leftover 2006 that we were able to get at $9000 off MSRP. We traded in a 2006 Civic LX that had a lot of 1st year production problems. This car is definitely the class leader in the looks and fun to drive category. The Accord and Camry have low quality interiors and the exteriors do not grab your attention like the MAZDA6. Our car's color is Pebble Ash, a pearlish green/silver. I have noticed these types of colors have mis-matched bumpers on many Acuras, Hondas, Toyotas. The Mazda's is perfect!

Style, HID headlights, leather seat comfort, handling, runs on regular gas.

Bose head unit (sound) is not as good as the Bose units in other cars I've owned. Adjustable heat for the heated seats. More back seat legroom.