Used 2005 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Joy to Drive
By Love to Drive

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Drives like a race car. Hugs corners at whatever speed. Very stable at high speeds.

Racing suspension, large trunk and fold down seats, standard equipment, manual override transmission, alarm system, racing wheels and tires, smooth engine.

Better 0-20 mp acceleration, smoother transmission, better quality interior appointments.

satisfaction guaranteed!
By nate

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first new used car I ever bought and I love it. I'm in the military and I just came home from Iraq in Feb. '06. I wanted a car that defines myself and my hard work over the years. This car does it. It hugs the road, it's very nimble, and I love the engine roar. The factory stereo system is mind blowing. I hate that the Mazda dealerships charge so much for repairs. I had to buy a new transmitter for my keyless entry. Overall, great pick for a first car.

Factory stereo, traction control, alloy wheels - no need to by gaudy rims, cat eye looking head lights, shiftronic gears.

Cloth seats could be leather, all of them should have the sports grille and fog lamps. Spoiler would be nice too.

I love this car and couldn't be happier
By Darlene

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is comfortable for people who are tall and large, plenty of room.

My favorite feature is the car - looks sporty without the sports car price. :)

More options to choose from on interior would have been nice. There are only certain colors of interior you can choose with certain colors of cars. My car is the cranberry and I could only get tan interior.

30,000 miles no defects
By dennis manuel

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent value, looks and not one defect or rattle after 30,000 miles. Best mpg was 30.6 US gallon or 36.8 Canadian imperial gallon at 70 mph with air and cruise, 2.3 four with 4 speed auto. 17 inch Michelins worn to wear bars at 24000 miles.

Looks, handling and ride.

None.

Very solid first car
By D.A.

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently got this as my first "own" car, I'm graduating from college soon, and decided to invest in good, newer car that would last me a while. Bought this one with 11k miles. I was attracted by the styling, and after the test drive, I was hooked. The dual exhaust, rear lights, low-profile tires all look awesome for a car at this price. It drives great on the highway and in the city. The handling is very very good, acceleration smooth, and I haven't had any mechanical issues with it so far. I liked it a lot better than the other cars I tried: Toyota Camry, Suzuki Verona, Pontiac Grand Prix, Pontiac GT. Hondas were all too expensive, so I didn't get to try them. Mazda6 is simply great!

Exterior and interior looks, red glowing displays, awesome handling, brakes feel really solid, lots of standard features. Clutchless shifting option is cool. Stereo controls on the steering wheel are very practical.

Engine could either be more responsive or eat less gas. I'm getting 22mpg in the city with the 2.3L. Spoiler should be standard on all models. Better quality interior parts (my fuse box cover falls off, I had to tape it on). I also wish that it had a 5-speed automatic, instead of the 4.