Used 2005 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Good Car
By Handbook

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I brought a Madza, V6, with 60,000 mi, a month ago. Someone just hit me this weekend and cracked the back fender and wheelwell. So far, I'm very happy with this sporty, stylish car. It gets a lot of compliments. The car is bright red with 17" alloy wheels. The engine is very quiet. I can barely hear it while I drive. The car is fast too. The V6 is suppose to have 220 HP. Once I test drove it, I decided to buy it. I do have one issue with the car. It's hard to see out the back window, and the blindside on the passenger's side is bad. It's hard to see if there are cars on my right side. I have to be more careful when I parallel park. Other than that, the Madza is a good car.

Just the way the car drives.

Even though I complained about not being able to see out the back window and the blindspot, the car doesn't need any improvements.

Fun For The Money
By Mark Hartley

2005 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive for a four cylinder and gets good mixed gas mileage, 28mpg, for my weekly commute. Great buy for a healthy combination of sporty, frugal and roomy, im 6' 4".

Nice 17" rims on the base car makes it look a lot more expensive than it was. Good looking integrated audio screen.

Cloth seats could be of better quality.

You can't go wrong with this car! FUN
By Fortunato

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car a couple weeks ago from the Toyota dealership I work for; it was a trade-in. As soon as i saw the car, i fell in love (I've been a mazda fan my whole life). I used to have a 03 Protege5 5spd, which i think is the best car Mazda has made. This car gets the job done with a fun flare. With the ferrari red exterior, it certainly brakes necks. It's not the quickest but it is definatly fun to drive. Very comfortable and versitile, going to and from work and taking it out with your friends at night, its just a very fun drive. Definatly recomend it!

Ferrari red exterior, great styling, low maintenance costs, VERY smooth ride, LOTS of cargo space and very roomy all around

The tranny tends to shift late in reverse

What a nice ride!
By Zach

2005 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I went to over 15 locations to find a Mazda 6 in my area. Now I know why they are so hard to find. This is one of the best mid sized sedans for the buck! I found a beautiful Sonic Blue 2005 Madza i sport 6 sedan and it was a major upgrade from my 94 Olds Cutlass Cierra to say the least. The handling of the Mazda 6 is very good and the speaker system is above average (No Bose). My mother drives an Acura TSX and she wants to trade with me. Bought at 57000 miles. Now at 63000 miles.

Very good speaker Systems. Exterior is slick and you can't stand but to admire the car every time you look at it.

Maybe a little extra pep on the acceleration.

Wonderful Car!
By Tylor Cartter

2005 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as a used car. It is a 2005 Mazda 6 hatchback and have had it for about a month. No problems at all and runs great. The fuel economy has been great! I love it... It got into an accident but was repaired impeccably! The only thing that needed replacing was a caliper boot which the dealership replaced. I would definitely get this again!

Slick style of the car!

Enclose the headlights so no water can get in there. Maybe a little more umphh when you push the peddle down.