Used 2005 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Performance and practical
By Bill

2005 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had searched for a car with utility that didn't sacrifice performance and looked good.The 6s Sportwagon is a great 'do all' car. Handles great, good performance from the 220 hp V6 and has a ton of room and nicely thought out convenience features. The quality of materials is excellent (although the interior door pull is a bit cheap feeling, hard plastic). I have the heated leather seats which are supportive with just the right amount of side bolsters. Nice, modern layout of gauges, quality and stylish. Will tell more after 12K miles as far as long term driving. Looked at Honda (Accord and new Civic), Nissan (Altima) as well as the Impala. This car stands out.

Style, space utilization, cabin appointments, strong engine and great handling.

Make the drivers left arm rest padded and make the door pulls from a rubber substance. The design is great but the tactile feeling of hard plastic doesn't fit with the quality of the rest of the car.

Fun to drive! Great car!
By Chris

2005 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Mazda6i hatchback automatic in August and I am very satisfied. Actually it has exceeded my expectations in comfort and driving experience. Gas mileage is average. I expected better since it is a smaller sedan. Acceleration for a 4 cylinder is excellent and the auto-stick is fun to use.

Looks - this car is hot! Great to drive. Acceleration is more than adequate even though it's a 4 cylinder. Very comfortable interior. Bose stereo is awesome (of course).

The automatic needs a fifth cylinder! I feel like I'm missing something when I hit only four gears. Should come standard with an alarm. Otherwise a great car.

Gotta Love Mazda
By Ange

2005 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It handles just as well as my older BMW 3 series sedan, and is much much better in the snow. So far, I have taken it through 2 snow days, and it handles great. I feel very safe in the car. I also am pleased with the way it handles in the rain. The extra features like the stereo (Bose) and the interior air bags were reasonably priced compared to other vehicles in its class. The styling is also great, it's very unique looking and I get compliments all the time. I have the spoiler and side moldings that I think make the car. If you are looking for one, I feel they look much better with the spoiler.I would definitely buy another Mazda6, from a different dealership though

Spoiler, side moldings, Bose package w/ power moonroof, large truck (60/40 split), traction control.

Better gas mileage. Cloth interior is kind of cheap, and looks bad in any color but black. Also, the drivers side seat belt rubs up against the vinyl interior by the side door and makes scratches.

Our second Mazda6
By Otis

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Previously owned an '03 V6 sedan. Traded for a convertible but she missed the zoom zoom of her 6 so much that we came back and got a loaded up '05 V6 5 speed sport hatchback (actually all hatchbacks have the sport package unlike my earlier sedan). This car is great. A ton of fun for the money and has many features found in more expensive cars. V6/manual transmission combo is hard to find elsewhere. 220hp was a lot a few years ago but others have caught up or do better now. Suspension dynamics are fantastic, this car wants to bolt around town at 60+ mph! Styling is fresh and unique. Highly recommended. Some 2005s are still around (as of early 2006) and could be a steal. MSRP of $27,700 cost me $21,300!

Styling the hatchback to look like a sedan is way cool. Standard sport package with Porche-esque 17in turbo wheels. Heated leather seats. Steering wheel radio controls and 6 disc CD. 3.0L V6/5-speed combo makes this a real driver's car and it loves to rev (pulls great above 4 grand when VVT kicks in).

Not much to complain about. I guess if you're going to give me 4 tie downs in the cargo area you might as well put a few on the hatch so I can bungee it down on top of the looong cargo! As it is I have to tie it down by the hatch strut ... not a safe option.

They're still doing it.
By JerryL

2005 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Mazda in a row and each new one gets me to love them even more. Dependable, comfortable and great to look at. I don't understand why Mazda doesn't sell more cars in the US than they do now.

Auto temp air conditioner controls and display. Easy to use and adjust.