Used 2005 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Terrific sport wagon
By Rrrockhound

2005 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've always had a soft spot for Euro-style sport wagons, but Audis and Volvos were out of my price range, and forget about BMW and Mercedes. But I discovered the Mazda6 had sleek looks, strong performance, and truly sporty handling. The engine is buttery smooth and I recently got 28 MPG on the highway, not bad for 70+ MPH with the air on. The steering response is truly sports-car like and the brakes are strong, so much so that I'm considering taking this car to the track instead of my Porsche. With premium audio, multiple airbags, and auto climate control, the feel is like driving a luxury car, and I get compliments on the sporty looks.

Smooth, powerful V6; smooth automatic transmission with manual mode; Bose audio system; automatic climate control; overall interior design; exterior styling; overall level of equipment, handling, steering, and brakes.

Armrest padding could be better. Sporty styling means the hatch opening is a little tight, so some large items that fit in other wagons might not squeeze into this one. The cloth upholstery is a lint magnet and shows water spots; the leather would have been better.

Highly recommended
By zoom

2005 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2005 Mazda 6i sport in August 2005, brand new. Got a great deal on it, and have not regretted it once. I wanted one because of its sporty handling/appearance. I drove an Accord and was bored, then I drove the 6 and I drove it home the next day. I can't wait to see what the 2008 is going to be like. Hopefully at least as sports car like as the curent model. Love it and will buy another.

Ride/handling. Sound system. Gauges. Just love the overall feel of the car, whether driving on a highway or twisty back roads, can't be beat for the money.

More engine power is always a good things, but no complaints from me.

Wagon master
By keeper

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this new; the gas mileage was rated 21-27 and it took a year to reach that. On our last trip of 1000 miles we got from 25-30 which I thought was outstanding. It's fun to drive, corners nicely and has good brakes. The only problem I've had is the air conditioner had to be worked on twice to get the proper cooling. Love the automatic climate control. Wish it had come with roof racks for my bike. Electric control for seats would have been great also, but it's a good vehicle. Love the side air bags and safety features. It would be hard for a tall person to get in with a hat on.

Looks and acceleration.

Should have electric seat controls and roof rack standard and better lumbar support.

Great Car
By CK

2005 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used with 24000 miles on it. I've driven it to school 40+ each way for a year now and also took it on two road trips - this car has gotten me there with no problems whatsoever. It's comfortable and reliable enough to get you where you need to go. Low range acceleration in automatic mode could use some work but I've gotten around that by using the triptronic to shift as needed. I love the steering wheel controls and large trunk space. All controls are easy to adjust while driving. Overall, I am very happy with the car, especially for the price.

Exterior and interior styling. Fun to drive. definitely get your money's worth. Triptronic option.

Power seats would be nice but its really not that big of a deal. As noted above, low range acceleration in automatic mode could be improved, however that problem is easily fixed by using the triptronic or getting a stick shift which I prefer anyhow. 5th gear for automatic/triptronic engine.

05 GT wagon
By payson

2005 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in our 00 Sienna van. My husband and I both enjoy driving it. Sporty, fun to drive, good cargo room for family. Nice alternative to an SUV.