Used 2004 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 331 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Mom with a sports car
By G Law

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda 6, I am usually one to trade a car after a year or two. This is the longest I've ever owned a vehicle and I plan to keep it as long as I can. I love the way people think because it's sedan, it has no get up and go, I'm proud to say my 6 keeps up with the big dogs. My husband's Nissan is luxury filled but I love the sportiness of the 6 and prefer it any day of the week. Before my 6 I always wanted to drive his car and now he always wants to drive mine. The bold style turns heads and you can be a cool mom with four doors. Mazda hit the mark on this one. Routine maintenance is all it's ever needed and with that I'm grateful. My husband says it's deceptively fast!

V6 engine, dashboard controls, storage space for everything, sleek style, durability, and just a great car. I would buy another and another.

The rear window defrost could stand to work a little faster and the seats could be a little softer. Other than that everything's great!

Going on second 100,000
By MC

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new in 04, traded in a Passat which was nice but had electrical problems. The "6" has been one of my favorite cars of my 30 plus years of driving. It is the only car i have actually kept for 100,000 miles and I plan to keep it another 100,000. I have done one spark plug replacement, one battery, new front brakes including calipers (ouch) about to put on the third set of tires Yokohama Avid 4vs got 55,000 miles better and cheaper than stock Michelins, and regular fluid changes. Leather still looks good, paint is great. Just had the radiator flushed and while at the dealer sat in a new 09--nice car a little bigger all the way around but it doesn't have the handy two stage console. Picky

Seats, stereo, handling, comfort the way it looks and reliability. I love this car.

None

Great Car!
By stephf

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car brand new. It has 90K miles on it now. I haven't had one problem with it so far. It has plenty of power. The rear spoiler really dresses up the car nice. It's an all round great sporty car to drive! I love it!

Illuminated dash, Bose audio, heated seats, sun roof.

Can't be better
By bib

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Mine is awesome. It's 3.5 years now 89K miles and all I did was replace oil, transmission oil (twice), tires and brake pads. My MPG is 24-25 driving 90% on highways sometimes in traffic. The only problem was recalled A/C vent which was promptly replaced.

Overall design, good performance and mileage.

Better OEM tires, mp3.

Would Buy Another Tomorrow If I Had To
By slickride

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mazda 6 in August of 2004. Has a 5 speed manual with sport package and Bose stereo. I have had zero problems with this car. Regular oil changes, new wipers every year (live in snow belt, CNY) and had to buy snow tires and new performance radials (I'm a sales man). I just rolled over 63,500 on the car and have had no major repairs with the exception of the front wheel bearing. Performance is excellent and gas mileage is great. Can't complain with 400 miles on a tank. Why anyone would buy anything else boggles the mind. Great quality and reliability for the money. The car was rear ended by an F150 at a red light, was fixed and no-one got hurt. That's reliability to me!

Performance, audio system, reliability, steering response, just about everything. So much in a car for so little on the sticker.

Put a 6 speed in the car. At 65 or 70 MPH, the car is at 3K on the tac. That would give better gas mileage. Put better wearing tires on the car to increase the wearing level upon purchase.